Funny looks?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
Does anyone get any funny looks from people when they mention things about your LO?

for example,

Im taking River to baby signing classes and everyone i have mentioned it to have looked at me like a loon!

Im looking at using amber necklace when she is teething and also get the loon look for this

anyone else?

Yup- i get the looks when i tell them i might do baby massage.

also get the looks when i tell them alex is 24 weeks old (but shes meant to be 12!)

Yep i definitely get it with the amber necklaces. I find that the older generation always look like that when talking about colic, infacol and dr brown bottles!

i do baby signing and he wears an amber necklace, i also wear him even hought hes 23 lbs lol, i get the madwoman look all the time

I can't wait to go to baby signing classes! My sister did it and it was brill! So luckily my family already know all about it so i hope i wont be getting any funny looks! Lol

Never heard of the amber necklace, what is this? Any good?

The other thing I get funny looks for is the reusable nappies that Seb wears. And everyone seems to think that I want to hear their opinion about the pros and cons of them!
Baby singing is great for their communication and speech dev. so good for you!

i do baby signing and he wears an amber necklace, i also wear him even hought hes 23 lbs lol, i get the madwoman look all the time

what is baby wearing? do you not use a pushchair at all?

i do find our pushchair (as lovely as it is) a bit of a hinderence at times and prefer using our carrier

OOO!! Babywearing is the BEST!! Check out the natural parenting section. But basically you get slings or carriers that allow you to carry them instead of using prams. I have almost NEVER used my pram. I carry my LO in a sling or a mai tei.

I get crazy looks all the time about:
babywearing
BLW
Co-sleeping
Paying $20 for Sophie the Giraffe
Wanting to do cloth bums part time

:rofl:

Here is a pic of me wearing Otter and there is another one of him in the ring sling in my siggie.
https://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx223/TigerLady_Otter/IMG_1246.jpg

Yeah, all the time.
I say I breastfeed, people look surprised or like I gave them TMI.
I say I carry him in a sling, they say, what's that? (I hate using his stroller or "pushchair")
I say he sleeps next to me at night, they look at me like they feel bad for me...
I say I want to try to infant toilet train, they practically laugh in my face.

I'm not even gonna mention being interested in baby-led weaning. I anticipate angry responses...
Do you know that EVERYONE (practically) lectured me and OH about OUR DECISION not to circumcise OUR CHILD. I mean, a full on lecture...followed by pleading to PLEASE get him snipped.

UGH.

I get them all the time, but for things I would class as normal!
ie.. I breastfeed,
I get in the bath with Emily every night, play with her, sing to her a read her one of her bath books
I baby massage her every night
I wash and dry her face after every nap (I always feel grotty after a nap, so she might too)
I use cotton wool & warm water & not baby wipes
We read books together
I talk to her constantly
Oh, and we start a baby book rhymetime thing at our library on mon and I cant wait

Apparently all these things mean I'm a "hippie" parent!!!!

Oh yeah, same as the others really. I'm mad for:

- breastfeeding
- having him sleep in my room
- occasionally co-sleeping
- waiting until 6 months to wean him (heaven forbid!!)
- BLW
- babywearing
- swimming lessons
- following his lead rather than implementing a routine
- amber necklace

I could go on, basically I'm a fruitcake but I have a baby that rarely cries and loves his mum to bits so I couldn't give a monkeys hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->