funny shaped head!

snettyb

Reaction score
My LO always lies looking to his left and his head is the querest shape!! It was a lovely shaped head when he was first born but now it has a flat side with bumps! Its almost like a cone head from some algles. Anyone else got a LO with a starnge shaped head, and will it last? Does it go back to 'normal' xx

most babies will develop this if they always sleep in the same direction and if something is not done, it can be permanent.

Try putting him to sleep on the opposite side of his crib, as babies will have a tendency to face the door.

Also, give him some tummy time play.

From what I read these two things can help. I would also talk to my doctor.

Good Luck

Hi hun, glad you raised this question because Oliver has developed a flat head on one side as he sleeps on his back but turns his head to the left, the other side is the shape it was at birth. OH commented on it earlier and was a bit worried, I put him on his tummy a number of times though the day and he is really good on his tummy but gets bored and tired after 5-10 mins. I will turn Oliver the other way in his crib tomorrow and see if he turns his head the other way.

Niamh had to sleep on her side as she used to stop breathing when she lay on her back So she developed a very flat head on one side and a very flat ear as we used to always lie her down facing us so we could check on her.
She's now able to sleep how she wants and the shape of her head has improved greatly over the last couple of months, although i still think she has a long narrow head rather than a round one.
Ask your health visitor next time you see them

yeah, its just from how they sleep. Billie had a flat part on the back of her head but now she sleeps in any position, it looks much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"