Funny things people think they can tell from an ultrasound...

BadMamaJAMA

Reaction score
One of my coworkers just looked at my ultrasound... she said she can tell the baby is smart because she's sucking her thumb!

I've never heard anything remotely like that before...

Anyone else hear any predictions (other than boy/girl) after showing an ultrasound picture?

I think its funny that people think they can tell gender without the training and education.

The smart is hilarious!!!! How many times do we tell young kids NOT to suck their thumbs.

My second cousin is certain she knows the sex of our baby from the shape of the head in the scan photo, we didn't want to find out at our 20 week scan and all she goes on about is telling us.

I put my 12 week scan on facebook and some random lady my dad knows messaged me telling me I'm having a girl cos she can see its "bits".. if it has bits it really isn't a girl is it? Hahahahahah.

Funny some people :rofl:

Forum hopping but this caught my eye!

My MIL said on our 12 week scan LO looked like my hubby...hmmmmmm really you can tell that from a scan then?! I think scans all look the same lol!

My second cousin is certain she knows the sex of our baby from the shape of the head in the scan photo, we didn't want to find out at our 20 week scan and all she goes on about is telling us.

To be fair, that's actually a valid theory. Google skull theory. Same as nubs.

I put my 12 week scan on facebook and some random lady my dad knows messaged me telling me I'm having a girl cos she can see its "bits".. if it has bits it really isn't a girl is it? Hahahahahah.

Girl "bits" exist - there's usually 3 white lines.
But it's not as obvious as a penis obviously.

When I got 3d scan the last time my sis told me that the baby looked JUST like me.. :wacko:

I do think my baby looks like her daddy... but that's because he has a little button nose. And mine is... uh... Romanesque.

There's absolutely no bits on my scan though, there's not even a nub. I think she was drunk at the time tbh lmao.

I haven't heard that, and I don't have an ultrasound old wives tale but my grandpa always said that if you sleep with your arms above your head it means you're smart.

I think he just said that cause we all sleep that way!! lol

She also said the fact that she's sucking her thumb already means she'll be good at nursing...

I do have one prediction about this baby that I think might be correct. I'm fairly sure she might be a ninja. The kid has a powerful kick.

I know it's a theory it's the fact that we didn't want a trained sonographer to tell us what we're having but we'll then listen to her based on theory supposedly

After my 20 week scan I sent the picture to my mil and I got a reply saying 'he's the double of his daddy!' Personally I fail to see how she can tell when the babies not properly developed at this stage, although I will agree he has his daddy's big head lol

my in-laws also looked at our 10w scan pic in my avatar and said its a girl coz the baby has a fat body LOL

we will find out next week though

Agree but certainly can't see girl bits at 12 weeks.

Virtually impossible to tell from static images sometimes.

As a sonographer I think the skull and nub theory are nonsense, really everyone tries to tell something from one angle:dohh: static image :dohh:

Ive had an opposite reaction too..when Myself and a colleague told my SIL she was having her 3rd boy she told me scans are usually wrong and she wouldn't buy anything as its not 100 percent.....fair enough, but at 18 weeks we saw a visible penis and scrotum.....and he was defo a he when he arrived

One of my coworkers just looked at my ultrasound... she said she can tell the baby is smart because she's sucking her thumb!

I've never heard anything remotely like that before...

Anyone else hear any predictions (other than boy/girl) after showing an ultrasound picture?

You should show her mine, my baby is doing a Rubix cube in there, can you ask if She's getting the colours right?

I had one person look at my 12week scan and say she thought it looked like my DH. This person is sensible and sane, and you know she is kinda right in one way! Baby is definitely as stubborn as DH - refused to move into a decent position for the NT!!!

My mil from the beginning has said girl...girl girl girl..she could tell from my 9w scan.

Now that we know she says "i knew it was a boy from the beginning, remember?" Nope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->