Furious...

S

sparkswillfly

Basically.... Im due to start work as a Prison Officer this year. I applied before I was pregnant. I really didnt think being a mother would make a difference to me doing the job as my partner works from home and will look after Meadow.

A few days ago I went on a prison officer forum to ask about flexible working hours and if anyone had had any luck with them and I got several replies saying I shouldnt be doing the job and Ill be no use to them if I have to go home and look after a sick baby or whatever. I shouldnt do the job basically. They were soooooooooo rude to me.

WTF if that is the attitude of the men that work there I bloody dont want to work with them. SEXIST PIGS!!!!!!!!!!! Im so MAD! Sorry didnt realise this was the 1950s Ill go back to my kitchen sink shall I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats shite hun .Well done you for wanting to take on such a demanding role.Ignore them.I'm sure they would love to take on a female esp a mummy as you have a more patient side xx

Lmao @ Nic! Give me the link n all... I HATE sexist men with a passion

:( thats shit hun... i agree with 4thbump, i'm sure some prisions would love to have a mum working for them.. you can bring so many different aspects to the job! dont give up on your dream because of some idiotic men....:hugs:

:( thats shit hun... i agree with 4thbump, i'm sure some prisions would love to have a mum working for them.. you can bring so many different aspects to the job! dont give up on your dream because of some idiotic men....:hugs:

I agree with this xx

c*nts.

Want me to post? *gets her man beating hat on*

I got one serious response saying that women who they worked with werent able to get flexible hours and ended up quitting

If it makes you feel better, I got the same on an Army forum saying I won't be able to hack it and should just stay at home and make babies.

Is it an 'unofficial' forum? If not make a complaint!
W**kers! xx

If it makes you feel better, I got the same on an Army forum saying I won't be able to hack it and should just stay at home and make babies.

Well you do make very cute babies :) xx

You'll have to let us know what happens when you go on this forum and wreak havoc. I hate sexism xx

Seriously?

Dont take any notice hun, idiots

A friend of mine is a prison officer, she has 2 LO's and she still does the job, so im sure it is a option. If they didnt allow it they would be ruling out a vast majority of potential employees

I think it brings a certain type of man to comment like that. Sexiest yes, but also very narrowminded and stupid. I used to work on an Army base and would get dirty looks from the older (but not younger) Army Officers. These jobs are traditional not done by women, so you will always find some people who are prejudice about women being in the workplace.

Wow, what a jackarse. People like that are the reason we have equal opportunity laws. Don't let them put a downer on your choice. You should go for it and when you've got the job and your flexible hours, go back and say screw you!!

I once read a thread on there about them not wanting to work with women because they were efffectively useless.

Thats a load of crap two of my food friends are prison officers and mothers ...they shift swap if they need to why cant a mum do just a good job as a dad ? :hugs: xxx

:hugs:

Makes one appreciate this forum all the more. ;)

Sorry that you had to endure that crap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"