FYI Harmony test for chunky gals

Sachis2112

Reaction score
I'm a US 18 and my doc is going to do the Harmony test for me. She let me know that, for larger gals, sometimes the test results advise that there is not enough genetic material from baby present. At that point we would then need to use other screening methods. I know there are a lot of plus sized mamas out there so I thought I'd share that information.

I'm a US 18 and my doc is going to do the Harmony test for me. She let me know that, for larger gals, sometimes the test results advise that there is not enough genetic material from baby present. At that point we would then need to use other screening methods. I know there are a lot of plus sized mamas out there so I thought I'd share that information.

Im about an 18-20 us, but my provider didnt mention this test...what is it screening for? I had the Cystic Fibrosis blood work done, and also the Ultrascreen u/s, and "fill in the circles with blood" test (those finger sticks...ouch!!) but im not familiar with this one...does it look for something specific? And also, congrats :flower:

Their website calls it "A safe, highly accurate, and affordable non-invasive DNA test that detects common fetal trisomies as early as 10 weeks with a simple blood draw." Here's the FAQ page. https://www.ariosadx.com/for-pregnant-women/faq/

Their website calls it "A safe, highly accurate, and affordable non-invasive DNA test that detects common fetal trisomies as early as 10 weeks with a simple blood draw." Here's the FAQ page. https://www.ariosadx.com/for-pregnant-women/faq/

Ahhh ok, so it covers similar to what my ultra screen tested for then...just all bloodwork it sounds like rather than blood and a Nuchal translucency...good to know, im sure different lab providers have different names for it, but it sounds similar :thumbup:

Harmony , maternity21 or panorama are rather new tests much more accurate than the combined tests , they measure DNA from baby in mothers blood not exactly what the combined test does which measures/combines Papp hgc age ect
In most of the world this tests are not covered by insurance and they an range from 250 to 1000 euros..its recomended to older mums and high risk PG , but i wouldn't skip the Nuchal translucency.

I will do the Panorama test , which just arrived here in Germany ,but wont skip the Nuchal scan or combined test , it will costs us 500 EU /: , and is not accurate in twin pregnancies ,i also herd is not accurate when mums are obese as it might not be enough baby DNA in mums blood.
Still a rather new test but many women have done it .
I think if you are plus size best is to go with the combined tests.

Harmony , maternity21 or panorama are rather new tests much more accurate than the combined tests , they measure DNA from baby in mothers blood not exactly what the combined test does which measures/combines Papp hgc age ect
In most of the world this tests are not covered by insurance and they an range from 250 to 1000 euros..its recomended to older mums and high risk PG , but i wouldn't skip the Nuchal translucency.

I will do the Panorama test , which just arrived here in Germany ,but wont skip the Nuchal scan or combined test , it will costs us 500 EU /: , and is not accurate in twin pregnancies ,i also herd is not accurate when mums are obese as it might not be enough baby DNA in mums blood.
Still a rather new test but many women have done it .
I think if you are plus size best is to go with the combined tests.

Forgot to mention , they screen for trisonomies , some of them, i think Panorama does ,can also tell u the sex of baby , some test more trisonomies than others ...

Thanks for that. My doc said we could do the combined if we aren't satisfied with Harmony results

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->