Gagging

Peanutt

Reaction score
I gag while brushing my teeth, while trying to take my prenatal. I gag at random things on TV, if I think about something that made me gag before. If I get near the trash can, I gag. And if I'm not gagging then I feel like I'm close and about to. I'm not even that nauseated!

Anyone have any tips?

Anti-sickness tablets, or sipping on water.
with my youngest I found my self running to the loo so many times because everything made me gag and I was put on anti-sickness tablets.
With this one everything makes me feel sick, I've been on two different anti-sickness tablets and neither of them have worked, so have to go back to the doctors and get some different ones.

Yes you are def not the only one. One of my early symptoms that made we wonder if i was prego was a bad gag reflex. I work at a daycare and all of a sudden the smell or sight of poop makes me gag. It never used too. I also would cough lots and then start to gag. Its slowly gotten better now, but still comes and goes at random times. I still cant stand poo lol. I cant wait until the bad gag reflex stops.

Me too!! While brushing teeth and taking vitamins. I can't take them these days. I drink two glasses of water while trying to get them down lol

Ohhhh I dry heave ALL night, every night. From 6pm on. It's unreal. I have no idea how to stop it, but it's mostly when I move. Going upstairs to my bedroom is the worst part of my day.

My nausea has decreased, but now I gag all the time! Thrown up last two nights because of it despite not feeling nauseous.

Anyone know why this happens?

I gag when brushing my teeth. It's horrible! I'm also more prone to gagging at other times (ie dd was sick which normally wouldn't bother me but I gagged so much I almost joined her!). My general nausea has eased massively but the tooth brushing gag remains. I had it with DD too.

I started to gag few days ago as well, very unpleasant
With my first it happened when i brushed my teeth, but now while i am taking a shower :) it helps if i have glass of water ans plain biscuit/cracker first thing in the morning, it helps to settle things in, but dont have tips if that hapens during the day-evening. Hope it passes soon

I can sympathise, I have been gagging everyday for around a week yesterday I was sick I have been so nauseous.

If I am not being sick or dry heaving then yes I am gagging and I am on anti-sickness meds :sick: brushing teeth, shower, going in the fridge, random smells, dustbin - eugh sorry no tips hope it eases up for you soon

I found a small glass of milk helped me last night.

I'm also not feeling AS nauseous the last two nights, but dry heaving more. It's so odd.

Mine seems to get worse as the day goes on. I think it's the progesterone supplements I'm on. I take them three times a day.
I started taking my prenatal earlier with dinner and tried it with milk instead of water. Gagging on that is less. At least it stays in my mouth if I gag whereas before, out it popped.
Then I got a child's toothbrush. I only gag once instead of three or four times with it.
Still gagging with smells. And going to the grocery store is like going to war for me. They had a display of bell peppers right by the door and the smell of fresh peppers about floored me.

Someone asked about why this happens. I read somewhere that it was due to everything relaxing.

I sent DH to the store to get Metamucil for constipation. You know how you never see anyone you know while out and about while you look really good? Well, he ran into some people he knew while holding the can of Metamucil. They asked why he was getting that and I'm still early enough that we don't want to tell anyone. He told them it was a diet I was trying. Quick thinker, he is lol!

My gagging is only in evenings and it happens a lot. Not just toothbrush or putting things in mouth. Just spontaneously! I've vomited three nights in a row from it! This is worse than the nausea was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"