Gah blocked nose at night

Jennifaerie

Mummy to 1, baking #2
Reaction score
I has asthma/ allergies and my nose is now getting seriously blocked at night. I;ve tried drinking more water, window open, window shut and Vicks. Any suggestions? DH keeps complaining about me snoring lol!:growlmad: doesn't go down well I can tell you! :brat:

I don't have asthma, but i have noticed i have a constant runny/stuffy nose.
I had it with my other pregnancies as well.
I don't know the solution, but I know it's not helping my nausea a bit, to have all this sinus drainage running down my throat all the time. :(

Hopefully it will clear up as the pregnancy progresses.

Thanks hun, I'm thinking of trying a bowl of water on my bedside table with some vicks in it. thankfully my nausea is now gone. Hope you feel better soon xx

I've had this for the past few nights too! My nose is so stuffy it is miserable. I already don't get enough sleep and this make it even harder. Is the Vick's helping you at all??

i will admit, that i have used nasal spray the past 3 nights. i feel so guilty! ive had a horrible sinus infection and nothing else is working!

Urghhhh so it isn't just me!! It is soooo annoying and you can't sleep properly...

And I am constantly sniffing... annoyyyyiiinnngggg.

Any remedies anyone?

me too! i keep thinking I have a cold then its gone by mid afternoon. how odd.... not used anything but im thinking its just us being over sensitive to the normal allergens weve slept with for years

my doctor told me i could use eucalyptus oil drops on a tissue inside my pillowcase or in a bowl of hot water to do some vapour treatment , but dont take it orally when your pregnant

My doctor and my pharmacist both told me that I could use a nasal spray for my allergies. I got one called Prevalin in Boots and it specifically says on the side of it that it is suitable for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.

Prevalin? Cool thanks Mrsrof.. am gonna head off to Boots to get some cos this is driving me nuts!

The purple Halls sweets are good (not the soothers, the square ones).

I used otrivine nasal spray all through baby #1. It says not to but there's nothing worse than a blocked nose.

I agree Tired... there is nothing worse!

Tonight iv done nasal irrigation with water (ick) put a bowl of water next to the bed and I have a breathe right strip on....let's see shall we x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->