• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Gahhhh

Beautiful11

MammaShanxo
Reaction score
Feeling so fed up emotional and have no patience whats so ever today just been crying on and off since i woke up and my life isnt all that bad just so so fed up i work part time now due to being pregnant so my income is a quarter if that of my partners and hes been doing the food shop the last 6 weeks or so but not things that i would eat all his veggies are tinned and frozen meat..thats not my idea of a balanced diet including the fact that im carrying his child it winds me up so bad today i said i would put half towards the food shop so i could choose some stuff that i like to eat and he went off his head saying he cant afford to go and buy fancy stuff if he cant afford to provide for us then why did we plan to have a child together?! and baby isnt even here hes moved in with my parents to save us money on our own place he pays 120 pounds a month rent and the rest of his money is his own! we pay the same amount of rent and i pay for all our furnishings and buy somthing for baby every week on my appauling wage and he just goes out with his friends and blows it however he likes im fed up :growlmad: i dont know if i should just shock him and say you pay for your own shit and ill put extra money to my rent so my parents do my food shop also it would save me loads a month doing it that way but i didnt want to make him feel left out my parents refuse to do his food shop even with extra money because he eats so so so much im so close to giving up. ive given up so so so much for him and our baby and he just doesnt seem to get it because he moved towns to live with me he thinks hes doing his bit sorry ladies just really needed to rant and any advice would be great :cry:

:hugs: so sorry you going through this

I know its not nice wanting specific foods and not being able to get it ... he is actually being very selfish

I would also put money with my parents if that meant I could eat better and stuff I wanted to eat ... I also dont like tinned foods and prefer fresh foods ...

sorry I dont have much advice x

I know just how u feel I live with my husband we have 5 children we been together for 18 yrs we both work full time but my wages seem to pay the majority of everything baby stuff holiday payments Xmas bills birthday extras the kids need plus the fuel for car which I use mainly to collect him from work he's never helped with birthdays etc well I moaned last night cos it's all getting
Too much and all he can say is I pay the most important bill the rent I suppose qhat I am trying to say is sort it now before u become like me and seem to provide for everything

Oh I really feel for you, you are such a sweet person. Good nutrition is extremely important all the time, not just when pregnant and tinned veg and frozen meat is not good for you (all the time) Plus you hate it. I would say that the moment he got snippy with you offering to pay half pay so you could have some fresh produce, was the minute it became fine for you to offer that money to your parents so you can eat with them. Having faith in the farmers and eating great saves us having to have faith in doctors later.

I would suggest that you tell him in a really calm no confrontational way that nutrition is vital right now so I'm going to do this... chances are after some thought he will change his mind.

Thanks for your replies ladies made me smile to know people care! i think the key to success in our relationship is for me to say what i need to say and stick to my guns hes made it hard as i came home from work and he still went and did the food shop but nopeeee:nope: im not even going to touch it because the main part of our argument was i wanted us to do our shopping together tomorrow...blah ive just got in from work and hes sleeping so i give up for one day ignorance is bliss though i guess!

Write down your monthly income and expenses (not OH's).
Post the budget on the wall.
this will start the convo about who contributes what. Your parents will see it & comment, too.

Write grocery lists. Don't forget toiletries / paper goods!
Take it with you shopping so that you remain on budget.
Include fresh salad veggies & fruits. The food you consume is building your baby.

Beautiful11, if your guy is unreliable,
THEN QUIT RELYING ON HIM to provide for you!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"