Gaining weight, but not eating too much?!?

apple84

Reaction score
Last pregnancy I gained way too much weight (almost 60lbs!) and over 10lbs in the first trimester. I also had gestational diabetes. I did lose all the weight by the time my son was one and I am determined to do better this pregnancy.

I've been going to the gym 3 times/week (although I have lowered the intensity) and have been watching what I eat. I'm not dieting, but I have been trying to stick to around 1800/1900 calories which should make my weight remain constant (what I'm aiming for in first trimester). I've been doing SO good, but then yesterday I weighed in 2lbs heavier! I thought it was just water weight, but I weighed myself this morning and I'm still 1.5lbs above my starting weight! I know this doesn't sound like much, but I'm only 4 weeks, 2 days along!

At this rate I'll end up gaining as much as last time!:nope:

I'm *sure* it's water weight.. you need to eat like an extra 7,000 calories to gain 2 lbs. I have to be honest- I am flat out NOT weighing myself outside of required doctor weigh- ins. I feel like I worry about EVERYTHING else right now and adding my weight to the mix will make me CRAZY! I'm sure it's just bloat though.. maybe try eating some watermelon and other foods that are natural diuretics to help!??

Water weight doesn't go away in the morning necessarily... so I wouldn't stress. I got pretty freaked out too as the scale went up 5 lbs in a few days when I was about 4/6 weeks along... I was devastated!

It left. :) Don't worry. It won't stick around forever as long as you're maintaining your healthy habits. Mix lemon juice or cranberry juice into your water, they are both natural diuretics.

I definitely gained more in weeks 3-8 than I have since. It's your blood volume increasing, boobs growing, abdomen thickening for pregnancy. I tried to control my diet but learned quickly that no matter what I did, the weight just kept coming on! That helped me relax a great deal about it (but it took awhile!)

Hmmm that makes sense - my boobs do feel a bit bigger. I did gain weight this early last time, but I was eating whenever I was hungry (and mostly whatever I wanted) whereas this time I'm trying to be more reasonable.

Before I got my BFP, I was actually dieting without success. In fact, just 2 days before a surprise BFP, I put on one of my usual dress shirts and couldn't wear it out of the house because of serious pulling around the chest and tightness around my arms. The BFP explained so much, I gained weight without eating that much more.

I'm worried b/c I exercise and eat pretty healthy too (yes, I have a sweet tooth, but nothing too crazy). I have gained about 10 pounds! I'm freaking out b/c I'm only 8 weeks along.

It seems though that my appetite has grown tremendously!! I will eat breakfast and a few hours later my stomach is GROWLING like I haven't eaten all day! Why do you think this is?

I am 5 feet 8 inches tall and my usual weight is around 143 pounds. The scale this morning said 153!! UGH. I have an athletic build and have never had weight issues. What gives?

Have you had a bowel movement. A lot of women (including myself) have complained about constipation during pregnancy because you bowels slow down so maximum absorption of nutrients happen for the baby. Weigh yourself after a bowel movement. I bet that will make a difference.

Yeah, I have had bowel movements. I can only wish that I had 10 pounds of SH** inside of me! Actually, that would be pretty painful! :rofl:

I guess I'll just eat even MORE healthy. Yesterday I went to Panera bread. had a turkey sandwich, tomato soup, and...ahem...a chocolate chip cookie. Looks like I'll be 100% cutting out all sweets for the next month or so. No fun. No fun at all!!

I am trying to cut sweets too. I am already overweight before pregnancy and I had a hard time eating right so this is double hard for me cuz I'm hungry all the time!

Try not to panic hunny I piled lbs on as I found out and it was water and constipation (tmi sorry!) I am now what I was at the beginning! Also watching my cals and I had gd with my last pg too - I was on insulin before every meal - not fun! Are you also watching your carbs?? I don't eat mountains of potatoes or pasta anymore as my doc said you may as well be eating sugar - eek!!
Goodluck and I bet your weight will even out as your initial hormone surge evens out - mine have xxx

I don't eat pounds of carbs. Usually do whole grain pasta and breads. I'm gonna stop freaking and not weigh myself for a while! No sense in crying over spilled milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->