Gaining weight off the pill

aimze

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I was just seeing if anyone was in a similar situation...I stopped taking the pill on November and have had regular periods since...

Now over the last two months i've noticed a bit of a tummy growing, I was hoping it was one of those "I didnt know I was pregnant" stories but I keep getting BFNs so I think its just me being a pig.

I'm prob just over the recommended BMI and havent really had any problems with weight, but my dresses are definately a little too tight!

Soooo whose with me? How do you get rid of the post pill weight and what makes you put on weight? Nothing in my lifestyle has changed. I've always been a lazy cow and don't exercise and eat pretty much normally!!

xx

I'm gaining weight but I'm also eating like a pig atm and I was before I came off the pill too, so I know exactly what's causing it, lol.

Sorry I haven't been much help!

Hello,

I have had the same situation happen, after I stopped taking the bcp. I'm now on CD36 since last withdrawal bleed and no sign of af but lots of pregnancy symptoms!

I've gained about 8lbs in last month!!! Eeeeeek really concerned and hope I don't gain any more, my diet and exercise has been pretty steady so can't see why I would put on so much weight! Either post-pill symptoms or pregnancy?

Other symptoms:

♣ Bloated abdomen
♣ Extreme tiredness
♣ Dry scalp and extremly chapped lips
♣ Runny nose and headache
♣ Sore boobs
♣ and I just can't concentrate 'distracted' feeling

Who knows but I think I may do a test soon if I don't get my af!

Hannah X

Hey!

Freakycactus - i think i'm eating like a pig TBH hahahaahhaa!!! But I always did and never gained much..

Tizy - I have pretty much the same symptons but my boobs are fine...v.annoying isnt it!! x

I know where your coming from, im newly off the pill trying for my first and ive put on over a stone!, my usual size 14's are justas at the moment. But everyone puts that down to contentment but i dont think it is myself.

When i was taking my pill i was around 9 stone and could fit into the majority of size 12's.

I know exactly how you feel with weight gain!..And the whole exercise issue! :|

Hello again,

Well after coming accross this site yesterday and counting up my symptoms (I'd been doing this over the past few weeks anyway) I decided last night that I should perhaps do the test! AND I got my :bfp: I can't believe it I was in total shock and didn't realise I'd get pregnant so quickly after coming off the pill!

I bought a cheap Asda test on the way home and did it at about 7pm. I was thinking oh 'your a bit silly doing this' you won't be pregnant.....etc etc. My OH was home at 8pm and we got really excited! So he popped back to Asda and picked up two CB Digital tests, I done them both one last night and one this morning and it says I'm 3+ weeks pregnant!

So happy, but its not really sunk in yet.

:dust: to all those waiting for there :bfp:

It just goes to show that I can happen quick!

Good luck everyone else! Xxxx

Yay, i love that little story!! Big Fat Congrats to you :) xx

As for the other ladies who have posted in here; coming off the pill will mean your hormones may be all over the place which is why you may be more hungry and eating more, the same as it can have the same effect when a woman starts the pill! Maybe if your eating junk try replacing it with healthier options if its erally starts to bother you :) Good Luck to you all :)

I can second that. Came off BC pill in Dec and am on 4th cycle of TTC with no luck. My stomach was once flat and is now a little pot belly!!!! Need to cut down on all the cr*p I'm eating and do some exercise me thinks!!!

Hey ladies, I feel your pain cos I went off the pill early last month and have since gained 20lbs! I've not been overeating (eating habits are same as before), and I even cut out all kinds of refined carbs and caffeinated sodas. The weight gain is just nuts though and even my close friends say they don't SEE the additional weight on me at all. Some of my clothes have gotten more snug, but 20lbs... The scales are driving me batty! I guess I better hit the gym twice as hard!

Hi Girls,

I definitely belong here. Help!!!!!!!

I went of BCP in November and was eating ok (went to Aus for a month of Jan so not the best) but stayed the same weight as usual (hover around the 9st mark sometimes 9st 2lbs) but this last 2 months I have put on 5lbs, I am only 5ft 2 so 5lbs really shows. If I put on 5lbs every 2 months I will be huge by the end of the year.

I have been eating really healthily the last 2 months going to a nutritionist and everything but I am putting on weight not losing it! What is going on? I am doing low GI, have cut out my diet cola drinks and have been trying not to drink as much alcohol.

I know I am not pregnant because I have not ovulated since coming off the pill due to PCOS and I know PCOS can make you gain weight but I would have thought that would have started when I went of the pill not 3/4 months later!

This is really stressing me probably even more than the not ovulating! I am beginning to think it is all the vitamins I am taking lol.

Well, I came off bc in November for 2 reasons. 1. because I wanted to get my body back to normal so I could TTC and 2. because I had to have an operation to repair my left leg after an accident. They recommended that I come of the bc to do with risks of DVT!
I have put on about 6lbs in weight, but TBH I think most of this is due to inactivity caused by my leg being in a plaster cast for soooo long.
Now I am more mobile I am hopefull the weight will come back off!
It's so tough when you ahve to worry about weight on top of everything else to do with TTC.:wacko:

Good Luck Ladies
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back