Gallbladder

JaneMarie

Reaction score
Hi everyone im just wondering if anyone has had problems with their gallbladder and what was done about it.
over the last few days ive been in and outta hospital in excruciating pain. worst than labour by far not even the gas and air worked.
im waiting for a scan on it and it could take 3 to 8 weeks. ive also found out im pregnant again and i already have a 3 month old baby.

My mum had a problem with her gall bladder late last year. She was kept in hospital for a week while they got the pain under control (with liquid morphine). They couldn't do anything else because it was so inflammed.

After that they sent her home with painkillers which I think she was on for about 6 weeks. Then she had her scan which showed everything was back to normal so she is now on a waiting list to have her gall bladder removed. We've no idea how long she'll be waiting for that but they have marked her as 'non-urgent' so we don't think it will be any time soon.

Hope you feel better soon. Know how much pain she was in and wouldn't wish that on anyone. Guess you are going to be limited on pain relief too if you are pregnant you poor thing. :hugs:

Oh hun, i feel your pain! I started getting pain during early pregnancy, and after numerous demands for a scan, finally found I have lots of small stones in my gallbladder. I'm not going to lie, it was very very tough being pregnant having gallstone attacks. I couldnt hgave any pain relief other than codiene, and some of my attacks lasted 12 hours+.

I imagine that you will have an US to check if there are stones present (I just called my US department to check my referall had arrived, and asked if I could just booked in there and then, and they did it for me, cheeky but got me a quick appointment) then if there are, you'll prob see a consultant. Mine told me they would operate when I was 3 months post partum, which they did.

I had numerous complications because the stones were so small they left my gallbladder, and blocked my pancreas, so I got pancreatitis many times, once while preg and the others in that 3 mnonth period while I was waiting for the op.

I'm sure you've read up on it but cutting out fat is the best way to reduce the attacks, also some peoples attacks can be triggered by certain foods (red meat was mine!) so its a good idea to keep a food diary to try and work out what your trigger might be.

If you have any questions give me a PM, both me and my sis went through it so I did a lot of research.

Ive got gall stones, awaiting a scan to find out the severity of them then will discuss with Dr from there what to do.
:( you my sympathy - its hurts a LOT xxx

i had my gallbladder out in may they totally screwed up at first putting me on the wrong waiting list etc took about a year and a half for them to actually remove it i was on pethadine and tramadol but you cant take them when pregnant so unsure what you can take now, getting it removed was the best thing i did i had it when pregnant they said it was heartburn indegestion etc until i had a scan i had to have a camera down my throat to cause they though it was my stomach at first xx

thank you guys for the comments. my doctors also thought it might have been my stomach. He said it was gastric erosion. my attacks are occuring more often and lasting longer. if they were to do surgery they wouldnt be able you until baby is born. like everyone has said it could take a while anyway.

I had mine removed when i was 22.
A few things that can sometimes help with the pain are Buscopan,Warm baths,Hot or cold compress on the pain,sipping warm water or sounds strange but A&E nurse suggested trying swinging from a door frame. LOL

i'm in pain with mine as we speak. Not a full blown attack or i'd be throwing up on the floor, but enough to make me cry while i'm feeding my boy :cry: On here as a distraction x

my best friend and gallstones and was in terrible pain for months so he had to have it taken out, still gets the odd pain now too

Oh you have my sympathy =(

I havent had an attack now for a good few months! So im just hoping its 'gone away' lol

xxx

im also suffering and waiting for a letter for a date for a scan to see if it is definatley gallstones,mine started mid december when i thought i was having a heart attack, next attack i had was when i was out shopping with my friends for a new years eve outfit where i felt like some-one was stabbing my stomach a thousand times i had been to the doctors before now and they put me on omerprazole and mottilium thinking it was acid reflux but im still getting pains had a blood test for h.pylori that came back negative so im awaiting an ultrasound mostly all day everyday im getting a bruised feeling in my ribs almost feels like theres a balloon lodged uo under my rib it also burns no and again, what symptoms are u getting? hope u feel better soon :hugs:

Rachael, just a quick random thing that might help! I was desperate for my scan, as my attacks were severe and I was Preg at the time so a few days after I was reffered by my GP I called the ultrasound department at my hospital (just google your hospital switchboard number) and they found my info and booked me in for the next day! I just lied and said my first refferal hadnt got to them so I wanted to double check. Might be faster than waiting for a letter if your in pain.

im also suffering and waiting for a letter for a date for a scan to see if it is definatley gallstones,mine started mid december when i thought i was having a heart attack, next attack i had was when i was out shopping with my friends for a new years eve outfit where i felt like some-one was stabbing my stomach a thousand times i had been to the doctors before now and they put me on omerprazole and mottilium thinking it was acid reflux but im still getting pains had a blood test for h.pylori that came back negative so im awaiting an ultrasound mostly all day everyday im getting a bruised feeling in my ribs almost feels like theres a balloon lodged uo under my rib it also burns no and again, what symptoms are u getting? hope u feel better soon :hugs:

they put me on omerprazole thinking it was an acid reflux as well. when i get an attack my body body tenses up and no matter if i lay down or sit there's no way to ease it or get comfortable and i get extremely hot. after an attack i go freezing cold. ive got itchy skin as well and blood in my stools.
let me know how you are.
did they put you in for an emergency scan?
what are your symptoms?

I found out I had gallstones in September last year after a number of pain attacks - was seen by the consultant on 25th October and had surgery to remove my gallbladder on the 17th December.

As you can see I've spent my recouperation time well :haha:

I feel your pain :hugs:

they put me on omerprazole thinking it was an acid reflux as well. when i get an attack my body body tenses up and no matter if i lay down or sit there's no way to ease it or get comfortable and i get extremely hot. after an attack i go freezing cold. ive got itchy skin as well and blood in my stools.
let me know how you are.
what are your symptoms?

hi have u been checked for h.pylori its a bacteria in your stomach that can cause stomach ulcers, i was tested and it came back negative but doctor said that still dont mean i might not have an ulcer,worth asking your doctor to give u a blood test. i dont have itchy skin or blood in my stools although my stools have been different! when i 1st had the bad attack i suffered terrible constiaption for two weeks just have little pellets every few days ive gone back to having a bowel movement once every day now but they are an unusual shape Lol, no blood though. is this fresh blood your getting or new u may have piles? im still aching and getting pains right across my shoulders and my chest feels tight im also getting pain in my upper back between my shoulder blades and still right rib ache with heartburn and stomach burning to.some days i feel like ive been hit by a bus! it comes and goes in waves i havent had another severe attack since before new years eve but i had 3 major attacks within 3 weeks, all day everyday im aching somewhere even without eating theres a dull mild ache! how are u feeling now? im still waiting for my ultrasound havent recieved a letter yet! Xx

let me know how you are.
what are your symptoms?

hi have u been checked for h.pylori its a bacteria in your stomach that can cause stomach ulcers, i was tested and it came back negative but doctor said that still dont mean i might not have an ulcer,worth asking your doctor to give u a blood test. i dont have itchy skin or blood in my stools although my stools have been different! when i 1st had the bad attack i suffered terrible constiaption for two weeks just have little pellets every few days ive gone back to having a bowel movement once every day now but they are an unusual shape Lol, no blood though. is this fresh blood your getting or new u may have piles? im still aching and getting pains right across my shoulders and my chest feels tight im also getting pain in my upper back between my shoulder blades and still right rib ache with heartburn and stomach burning to.some days i feel like ive been hit by a bus! it comes and goes in waves i havent had another severe attack since before new years eve but i had 3 major attacks within 3 weeks, all day everyday im aching somewhere even without eating theres a dull mild ache! how are u feeling now? im still waiting for my ultrasound havent recieved a letter yet! Xx

no they haven't checked me for that but on monday this week i went for blood tests on my pancreas kidneys and liver. i went to the doctors yesterday to
speak about my results and he says that ive also got something up with my liver i think that might be why my skin has been itchy. ive started getting sharp pains in my chest as well now. i still get mini attacks nothing serious enough for me to go to hospital like before though. i still havent got my letter yet. im just dying to know a date Grrrr!!!

let me know how you are.
what are your symptoms?

no they haven't checked me for that but on monday this week i went for blood tests on my pancreas kidneys and liver. i went to the doctors yesterday to
speak about my results and he says that ive also got something up with my liver i think that might be why my skin has been itchy. ive started getting sharp pains in my chest as well now. i still get mini attacks nothing serious enough for me to go to hospital like before though. i still havent got my letter yet. im just dying to know a date Grrrr!!!

aw hope it works out for you, im getting frustrated to im not as bad as what i was though but still not 100% joys of having a baby hey! the doctor didnt give me any blood tests on my liver etc hes just sending me for a scan :shrug: Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->