Gallstones

Discussion in 'Your Health & Wellbeing' started by emerald78, Apr 13, 2009.

1. emerald78

emerald78 Well-Known Member

Hello

Has anyone suffered from gallstone pain in pregnancy. I am very early on in my pregnancy and I have only recently been diagnosed with gall stones.

I would just like and idea on how this is going to affect my pregnancy and what to expect.

I have an appointment with a consultant about this on the 29th April but would like a heads up if possible.

Many thanks

2. sezzlebum

sezzlebum Guest

eek is all i can say eeeeeeeeeek

i know there is quite a lot of info on the net about this, i had gallstones but i wasnt pregnant at the time

cant imagine being pregnant with them :(

whats the consultant appointment for? have you had an ultrasound for the stones yet?

3. emerald78

emerald78 Well-Known Member

Hello

I have had an ultrasound which I was sent for via my GP. The hospital confirmed Gall stones but not how many or how big. I originally asked not to be referred but the pain was getting worse. How I wish I asked early as it may have been dealt with by now!

The consultant appointment I would imagine would be further diagnostics and what the best course of treatment is. However, since making that appointment I discovered I was pregnant. So no treatment can be provided just perhaps advice. I am still going to go as if it gets really bad at least they will know me.

I am getting very nervous of the thought of 8 months with the pain that I can be in with this especially when everything will be pushed up and squashed in. I seem to be ok at the moment. I have not had an attack for over a week and it generally is managed by diet (can't eat bread, pizza, high fatty diet etc) but it can sometimes flare up with no warning!!!

Like I said, anyhelp or advice would be good!

4. maddiwatts19

maddiwatts19 Guest

oooh hun, i'm sorry! :( my mum had gallstones, but not when she was pregnant, and she had to have her gallbladder removed.. to be honest, i think that the only thing you can do is listen to the doctors and consultants because only they know what you can do.
    i hope that something can be done for you hun, i saw the pain my mum went through with them, so i hope they can sort something and ease the pain :hugs: xx

5. angels330

angels330 mama to gorgeous girl

hi there, how awful :( yes i did quite badly, very painful and about 3 months after i had my gallstones and bladder removed, fine now! avoid things acidy, especially gherkins etc and anything very fatty that should keep the pain at bay hopefully. have you had an attack?