Games To Do With a 6wk Old?

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Savannah is almost 6wks old and at the moment all she does when she's awake is sit in her bouncer (it does have dangly things), but I want to know what games or stuff that will help with her development I can do with her?

I don't want to spend too long playing with her during the day as I don't want it to bite me in the ass when she's older, but I want to interact and play with her a bit more during the day.

I am trying to dig out my Dr Suess books so I can read to her but does anyone else have any ideas and suggestions?

At that age Hannah was absolutely in love with her mobile. She laid in her crib and would watch it and "talk" to the thing for ages! Her playmat was also pretty popular with her until very recently (she's a little over three months)

keeping them amused lots through the day can help with a night time because she will be worn out i just talked and played with rattles and stuff in front of her

With my LO at that age i read him stories, count 1-10 ( he did make some noises when i talked ), lie him on his tummy to exercise , he learnt to push his head up very good ( i read from the book and my doctor recommended ), i massage him

Show her stuff - bright colors, sharply contrasting patterns, etc
Talk to her - just about what you're doing, every day stuff
play "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" with you touching her on the appropriate part
tummy time
Sit her up on your lap and help her learn head control
play music/make sounds for her
carry her around in a sling and go out - Brayden and I would go outside and I'd tell him things like "That's sunshine" "That's the wind!" etc.

I agree with everyone above. Khloe loved her play mat at that age and all the toys hanging from it and the lights above her head. Keira loved to sit in her swing and look around or cuddle up with her big sis in the pack and play

This is gonna sound daft, but what do u mean by a play mat? Probably called something else over here...

Its an activity mat. Where it has squeaky things on it etc..maybe called a play gym where you are??
I played peek-a-boo with mine when they were young. And also, you can read anything to them if its in a nice tone, they dont mind. :) They are easily pleased at 6 weeks.

right now she's all about learning about the human race. Faces catch her attention and she loves to watch your mouth move as you speak, and she concentrates on your facial expressions.

Stick your tongue out at her... this is one of the first things she can/will do to mimic you.

So read animatedly to her! And play copy mommy:)
:hug:

She's so cute, she'll poke her tongue in and out already like she's tasting something. I tell her i'm gonna catch it and try touching it with my pingers but the little bugger puts it back too quick. hehe...

Unfortunately the only time Ben stays awake is between 11pm and 2am so I am usually too tired to try and entertain him lol!!

I do as the previous posters suggested, read to him and talk to him a lot.

Nicola xxx

Lola is so active during the day I have several games with her :lol

She loves her cot mobile,loves the lights and shapes.
Her music box,music is something thats best with entertainment for her.
She loves mirrors too,I place her in the swing and play with her with mirror toys.
I play some peak-a-boos and make faces.

Oh and when I put her in the swing or bouncer I hang a variety of toys above her.

the tounge game was bren's favorite, and her toungue is the first muscle she will have full control over. Make different faces to her.

Can hold a toy for her to look at and move it from side to side see is she follows it. Use different objects as well each time.

Using a soft ribbon, tie it to her ankle, and the attach it to her crib mobile. She will soon work out that eveyr time she kicks it moves.

Sing songs. Bren loves 'head shoulder knees and toes' and 'patty cake'

Gymboree has a book called Baby Play 100 fun filled activities and it is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->