Gammy Eyes ?

Lizi_17

Reaction score
hiya just wondered if anyone elses baby has the gammy eye thing what looks like sleep. holly is 7 week now and still gets it quite bad no matter how much i clean her eyes. my mum keeps worrying me saying it can make her blind an everything anyone got any advice on what to use to help it ? xxx

Take her to the GP as it can be an infection and you can get some cream to help. My nephew suffered from it really bad, he had a terrible eye infection but was soon cleaned up with the cream :flower:

isobelle has suffered from 'sticky eye' in her right eye since birth, been to see GP 4x about it, had 2 types of drops and 1 cream but nothing worked. saw paedeatric doc at hospital who says it just because their tear ducts are so immature but by the time they are 1 it should have cleared up. apparently there are no treatments, just keep it clean with cooled boiled water. i have been doing this and it seems 2 be helping.

HTH..

xx

My Lo is nearly 11months and has had it since birth he eye gets stuck together when he sleeps :( its been diagnosed as an undeveloped or blocked tear duct I was told if it hadn't corrected itself by the time he's 1 he'd have to have an operation :( looks like that'll be the case...

I'm the same as others - blocked tear ducts and will need sorted at 1 if not rectified.

my baby had this on both eyes.now just 1,i clean it several times a day and the other eye is improving too, my mw said to try massaging the inner corner of the eye as that can help.x

yeah my Lo had this till he was about 5and half months. It was a right pain but didnt seem to bother Lo. Just keep on with the bathing with cool boild water. I say that but my Doc said dont bother with the water having to be boiled x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->