• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Gas

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I was just wondering how you guys pay for gas? Meter or quarterly?

Also how much? Some may not want to answer?

We have a small 2 bed bungalow ...

Bill from 27th Nov - 23 March £490.52 WTF Is this sounding right?

Ours has been very expensive as we were on pay as you use etre found this VERY un helpful and were using shit lods ...

Just changed over to a quaterly rate ...

Will let you know, but depending on who your with depends on there prices ...

check on your suppliers gas rate as there has been a hike in Gas prices latley ... but still yours is a bit steep ... the house not even that big ffs!!!

xxx

im not gas im all electric im on a pre pay meter but still get a bill through at the end of the year :S they keep saying because its an estimated bill as ive only had one person out to read the meter in 6 months
give them a ring hun and makesure its not an estimated bill

xxxxx

Estimated is shocking!!

I'd deffo call them and tell them to get someone out to read the metre ... but that could back fire and you get asked for more??

xxx

I pay £40 a month for a 4 bed house

xx

I pay £35 a month for a 3 bed semi.

The best thing to do is set up a monthly direct debit, as you always use crap loads of gas for heating in the winter than naff all for all of summer, so it balances itself out, if you pay the same amount throughout the year, you dont get hit by big bills in winter as it all balances itself out.

Nope an I rang back an they are insisting it is right.

OH now on phone. I rang up sly & asked for an estimate for our property £400 something for a YEAR £36/£38 a month ok we know that could be higher like but still says it all then I pounded him with our bill. Now they are saying its right ... still.

our gas went up a couple of months ago from 25 to 50 so we started changing over, and the people at edf are Fs, they sent us a letter through saying the rates are going higher didn't tell us how much for maybe less then a month give a take a couple of days has gone up 50 quid. that was our final payment and it said on the letter for it to get to them 14 days pior to this letter we paid 50 and they can wait for the rest cos i think thats out rageours for less then a month over 100 quid

Go STICK IT UP YOUR OWN ARSE EDF

What temp do you have your heating on and how long do you have it on for each day? Just turning down by 1 degree can make a huge amount of difference toy your bill. Iknew someone who had her heating on 24 hours a day and wondered why she had a gas bill for over £400!

Have mine on timer and turned right down low ...

I have gone as far as turning of radiators in rooms we tend not to use:ie small room!

xxx

Mine comes on for 1 hour in the morning and a couple at night, the raditors are turned down low and the heating is on low.

don't go with edf they rip u of

Find scottish power man web quite good ...

British gas can go screw!
xxx

Wibble,

We got a bill which equated to £45/month for a 3 bed flat!!!

When we were in Bristol we paid £30/qtr for a 2 bed, and the quantity of radiators was the same (well one less). All we really use gas for is heating and the hob, not the oven, so where does it all go?

I hate utilities, they are so expensive it's ridiculous.

Paul

They should be able to tell you the basis that they've worked out that price on i.e. how many m3 of gas they are estimating that you are using. Then go on something like uswitch.com and see who does it cheaper in your area and then switch. It's usually cheaper for monthly direct debit and if you set up an internet account instead of paper bills it's cheaper still.

i have leccy only as im in a multi and they dont trust us with gas... :rofl:

Mine comes on for 1 hour in the morning and a couple at night, the raditors are turned down low and the heating is on low.

don't go with edf they rip u of

Ours is with EDF!!!!

Major RIP off!

Powergen we still can't believe they are telling us this is right!!!

Tell them bollocks!

Anyway of ringing and doing what u did earlier then recording the convo then play it back??

Damned fooking cheek that !

xxx

xxx

:rofl: I thought your were going to tell us you had gas. Saw the title of this thread and laughed!:rofl:

I'm the Daddy tell me about it we have just changed over to n power, U switch said they were the cheapest the amount for the gas was the final payment

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"