Gassy and refusing to eat?

nikky0907

Reaction score
1) Well,as the neonatal nurse came by this morning she told me that she seems quite gassy (her tummy is quite hard) but it's nothing severe and to just put warm towels or some heated packed gel on her stomach and it should do the trick and if she is still fussy to swing by the office and she'll proscribe something for her...:shrug:

Do you guys have any more tips on this on this?

2) Since yeterday she really has barely eaten anything.She loves her bottle and feeds perfectly on the dot 4oz every 3-4 hours.
Now she's hardly had anyhting 1-2oz,barely when I can get her to eat.
I'm guessing it's because she's gassy?
How on earth do I get her to eat?! :hissy:

xxx

What formula do you have her on? You might try switching the formula, some babies do better on different ones. Also if it continues you might talk to the nurse about switching to a soy-based formula, some babies just don't do well on milk based ones

She's on Enfamil and it worked like a charm for the past two weeks,I'm guessing she refuses now because she's gassy and her tummy is unsettled? :shrug:

I thought I'd read somewhere that milk intolerance can develop later...not sure. I'd still speak to the nurse about changing formulas...it can't hurt to try something else to see if it helps. Hannah's on Nestle and my pediatrician said it's one of the better ones for preventing gas (but Leeanne had Chase on it and his tummy didn't agree with it :wacko:)

Colton was fine for the first week-2wks. Then he started getting constipated. We switched to a soy formula, then swapped to what he is on now. It still didn't make a difference though. We ended up giving him juice for that because we got tired of seeing him strain and accomplish nothing.
However, for the gas you could try rubbing her belly, propping up her legs when she is laying down/sleeping, making 'bicycle' motions with her legs (like she's riding a bike). It should make her better.

Thanks guys,I'll definitely talk to the nurse about this.I really though I had it nailed down with Enfamil!
I'm still worried though now about her not eating closely enough! :cry:

:hug: Is she feeling any better now?

Not much hun...:hissy:

She was a little more settled yesterday afternoon after I've been massaging her tummy but she was back crying in the evening,she was crying for about 4 hours...:nope:
It must of hurt her a lot :cry:

So I now put a warm cloth on her tummy and she's napping on the couch behind me.

Yet,she has barely eaten anything! :hissy: She is going to starve!

Trouble is when they have a lot of gass in their belly they feel full up and won't eat as much, asides from the fact that is uncomfortable for her too. Poor little mite, i hope she feels better soon it sounds like you are doing everything you can to settle her.

She was a little more settled yesterday afternoon after I've been massaging her tummy but she was back crying in the evening,she was crying for about 4 hours...:nope:

Baby massage is supposed to help promote healthy functioning of the intestines... I would continue doing it regularly as it may help! It will also relax the muscle that are tight while she is gassy and hopefully help to release some gasses... If you hear farts while your doing it then its working haha.

They go through lots of changes with heir tummy's growing and developing so you wont be able to get away with never having any gas.

But for sure talk to your nurse again if she doesn't settle or seems to be getting dehydrated.

It must of hurt her a lot :cry:

So I now put a warm cloth on her tummy and she's napping on the couch behind me.

Yet,she has barely eaten anything! :hissy: She is going to starve!

In what position does she sleep...on her back, on her tummy?

I find Chase settles so much better and sleeps longer when he is on his tummy.

He is still a bit of a gassy baby, more than likely because he's a hard on to burp. I have him on Enfamil A, the formula that was fed to him in the hospital. I found that I have no constipation issues as he now goes every day, sometimes 2-3 times.

I did also have him on soy formula after the Nestle experience and that worked as well. You might want to try Lola-Rose on that for a bit.

Hope Lola-Rose feels better soon. :hugs:

She usually sleeps on her tummy but was now napping on her back.
I massaged her some more and she seems more settled thank god :) and also drank 4oz about an hour ago...
I'm keeping my fingers crossed now for the evening cause thats when usually her tummy gets unsettled!

The evening is when I have problems with Chase too. He's a bit fussier and seems to need burping more often and is a bit gassier.

But, not to the extent of Lola-Rose. :(

We have problems with Hannah's fussiness in the evenings too

Glad she ate more :hugs:

:shrug: maybe because she is so young,she was perfect in the evening for the first two weeks...
But now her tummy is so unsettled it makes me wanna cry for her...:(

I'd really look into switching formulas

I definitely agree with Vickie!

I think so too...
I'll see how it goes tonight,then calling the nurse.

P.S. I have classic case of post-pregnancy brain and have at first posted this reply in Mamafys celebratory thread :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->