Gastric Bypass and BFP

BSelck24

Pregnant with Baby #4!!!
Reaction score
Ladies! Our weight matters! I know we don't REALLY like to think that our weight could be causing infertility, but trust me, it does! On June 16th, 2014 I had gastric sleeve surgery. After Nearly 3 years of TTC, 2 miscarriages and a divorce, I was ready to do something for myself to better my health. A few months before my surgery I started dating my now husband. He knew of my infertility and because of this (even though the doctors warn you) we were not as careful with preventing pregnancy as I knew how long it had taken when I was trying in years past. In the first two months, I had lost nearly 50 lbs (went from 258 to 209) and on August 22nd we found out we were pregnant! Now I am NOT telling everyone to just go out and get weight loss surgery. It was a looong process and definitely takes research and doctor approval. However, it is DEFINITELY what allowed my husband and I to conceive so quickly after years of infertility. I want it to be clear that I am also NOT promoting getting pregnant that soon after weight loss surgery, as most doctors recommend you weight 18 months before becoming pregnant. But I wanted this thread to reach those bigger women who need hope, who need inspiration or those who need a new option! I want this thread to be available for those who may end up where I was; fresh out of surgery, pregnant and scared of possible complications.

My son was born 4 months early and weighed 1lb 8oz at birth. It was due to an amniotic infection non related to my weightloss surgery. He will be turning 1 next month and is as happy as ever! For me, I'm down to 155lbs and I feel more healthy than I ever have! I just finished my first 5k where I actually RAN the whole thing!

Please message me for questions! I would love to share more of my story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->