Gave up coke!

lhancock90

2 toddlers, 1 MMC, WTT#3
Reaction score
The drink :rofl:

So proud. Its all down to bump!
I used to drink insane amounts. It made my teeth ache, chronic heartburn but was a complete addiction. Baby hates it! So i am coke free :D

As soon as i got a positive i quick soda. Nothing but water. Ive had a cream soda and sprite both caffeine free for the fizz but im good without it. Before it was hard to give up but no hesitation when i found out i had a quest and i wasnt only me anymore :)

Me too. So far I'm not having any caffeine withdrawal symptoms but we'll see. I drank a ton of coke during my last pregnancy and gained an ungodly amount of weight. This time I'm trying really hard to eat healthy and not gain too much.

Water is no fun though. :( And it would make it so much easier if my OH would give it up with me like he said he would, but he hasn't yet.

I'm forum jumping from second tri the only thing I've craved these past few weeks is ice cold full fat coke, I've only had one tiny glass a day but feel like I could drink bucket loads

I've given up cola as well. I didn't drink it everyday but I drank it quite a bit...enough to say I was addicted. I don't drink caffeinated tea or coffee so no real caffeine withdrawals and I seem to be having aversions to anything overly salty or overly sweet. Cola probably wouldn't even taste good to me now so I don't miss it. I had a little bit of 7up today but it didn't really do anything for me.

Good for you! I hear it's really bad because it can leech calcium from you, which your baby is already doing anyway :rofl: The one fizzy drink I could either take or leave before I became pregnant but now I can't live without is ginger beer! It is the only thing that helps settle my stomach besides the calcium-magnesium drink I have, and they go well together actually since I think all fizzy drinks do take calcium, so my cal-mag thing restores it but I just HAVE to have the fizz sometimes!

My last pregnancy I gave it up and never got back with it :winkwink: I used to LOVE fountain diet coke. I have been doing Root beer while out or water. I also do seltzer water when I need something fizzy but mostly I just drink water :)

Not me! Lol
I love it to much and it keeps my nausea at bay. Plus I drank it with both my girls and they turned out great so I'm not worried. All in moderation though. :)

If you're in the US, I drink a natural cola (bluesky) that's caffeine free and tastes exactly like coke! Its not sugar free/zero calorie or anything, so no weird aftertaste. I switched to that to cut out the caffeine when I want something fizzy.

Great job, Lauren! I used to drink tons of Coke before my pregnancy with Tori but only drink maybe one now. :)

If you're in the US, I drink a natural cola (bluesky) that's caffeine free and tastes exactly like coke! Its not sugar free/zero calorie or anything, so no weird aftertaste. I switched to that to cut out the caffeine when I want something fizzy.

Oh my goodness! They make a caffeine-free cola that is also aspartame free??? I must try and look it up. Whenever I find a cola that is caffeine free it is also "diet" and I try to avoid aspartame at all costs. I did drink a large diet coke when I was pregnant with my son and I threw it up later. It was the only time in any of my pregnancies (so far) that I have thrown up.

I was at Red Robin today and indulged, had two glasses of diet coke. It is kinda funny b/c I can indulge in it now and be OK not having it for weeks. I used to have to have it EVERY day lol

Okay seriously... all I want to do is drive to the gas station for a big huge fat cup of coke! haha

My dh brought home a Coke today and he wouldn't share! But I had said I wasn't going to have ANY caffeine this pregnancy other than what is in chocolate and dh is holding me accountable. Good man.....I suppose.

I gave it up, until the second tri migraines kicked in and kicked ass.. Now my doctor has me drink coke with my migraine meds. Pregnancy is confusing lol

Just got my BFP today and I've told myself I'm going to only drink one can a day (and then slowly cut down more and more). Is it horrible to do one can a day? I don't drink any other kind of caffeine.

Just got my BFP today and I've told myself I'm going to only drink one can a day (and then slowly cut down more and more). Is it horrible to do one can a day? I don't drink any other kind of caffeine.

Not at all! My doctor even said there is no reason to stop drinking it, just cut down to one a day. I cut it out b/c I didn't like all the artificial sweeteners and I believe it helped me gain weight faster!

Some pregnancy books I have read are so strict they even say to not have any decaff versions of products like tea or coffee and to never ever have any chocolate EVER. Um, yeah right! But MOST things I have read said that a little bit won't hurt. A small cup of coffee a day has roughly the amount of caffeine that is allowed.

I normally would allow myself to indulge in a cola once in awhile but I've had several losses in a row so I am following all those silly rules. I'm not even eating deli and I really could go for a turkey sub right about now.

Some pregnancy books I have read are so strict they even say to not have any decaff versions of products like tea or coffee and to never ever have any chocolate EVER. Um, yeah right! But MOST things I have read said that a little bit won't hurt. A small cup of coffee a day has roughly the amount of caffeine that is allowed.

I normally would allow myself to indulge in a cola once in awhile but I've had several losses in a row so I am following all those silly rules. I'm not even eating deli and I really could go for a turkey sub right about now.

I also won't eat deli meat or hot dogs and I realllllly miss both already! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"