Gave up coke!

I'm having a hot dog right now! I think since it's heated it shouldn't be a problem. I wasn't going to have one but dh and ds are having them and they smell sooo good. Which is odd as I normally hate them while pregnant.

I'm having a hot dog right now! I think since it's heated it shouldn't be a problem. I wasn't going to have one but dh and ds are having them and they smell sooo good. Which is odd as I normally hate them while pregnant.

LOL that is one doc told me a big Old NO LOL Due to nitrates or something. Again, I don't think one is going to put you over the edge but it is one of my non negotiables...

Just got my BFP today and I've told myself I'm going to only drink one can a day (and then slowly cut down more and more). Is it horrible to do one can a day? I don't drink any other kind of caffeine.

Not at all. An average 12oz can of Cola holds approximately 34mg of caffeine and the general caffeine guideline in pregnancy is 200mg of caffeine a day. :flower:

I can't eat hot dogs eaither??? :coffee: Pregnancy is getting boring and it's only been a day. lmao I knew the deli meat thing though, I don't like deli too much anyways. OK what else are big ones that I don't know about before I go killing my baby via food? I know about unpasturized cheese.

I can't eat hot dogs eaither??? :coffee: Pregnancy is getting boring and it's only been a day. lmao I knew the deli meat thing though, I don't like deli too much anyways. OK what else are big ones that I don't know about before I go killing my baby via food? I know about unpasturized cheese.

I SOOO miss Italian Subs while pregnant! That is the first thing I will request after delivery!!

Hope I'm not making anyone paranoid about coke! It was a complete addiction for me' literally bottles every day. It was making my teeth hurt. It was making me ill and this baby hates it! But I drank a can a day with my other pregnancys and it's a safe amount. :)

No paranoia. Just trying to be good. I really don't think it would agree with me right now anyways. I might indulge if I reach second tri in one piece.

Don't worry ladies.. I'm in second tri and I literally eat whatever I want.. My doc said eat what I know will stay done. And OP I know what u mean with the coke I had days in a row where coke was the only thing I drank lmao.

Don't worry ladies.. I'm in second tri and I literally eat whatever I want.. My doc said eat what I know will stay done. And OP I know what u mean with the coke I had days in a row where coke was the only thing I drank lmao.

You should follow your docs advice of course but there are some foods you really should not eat due to the risk.

You should follow your docs advice of course but there are some foods you really should not eat due to the risk.

Well I don't eat seafood and my meat is always fully cooked other than those things. I eat what I want or I can't eat at all or if I eat I can't keep it down.

Strong lady! Its way to hard! I need my coke! Btw deli meats are fine in preg! So go ahead enjoy those italian subs!:)

Strong lady! Its way to hard! I need my coke! Btw deli meats are fine in preg! So go ahead enjoy those italian subs!:)

Yeah as long as it's heated for like 10 seconds it's fine. :)

Does that change the taste at all? I remember my SiL would microwave deli meat when when she was pregnant and it looked all shrivelled and dry and yucky. I normally would eat it in moderation but this time around I'm being super careful about everything. I don't think it really hurts but I'm crossing every 't' and dotting every 'i'. That way if something goes wrong I can at least say "I did my best". It's so easy to feel guilty after a loss even though it was nothing you did wrong.

Does that change the taste at all? I remember my SiL would microwave deli meat when when she was pregnant and it looked all shrivelled and dry and yucky. I normally would eat it in moderation but this time around I'm being super careful about everything. I don't think it really hurts but I'm crossing every 't' and dotting every 'i'. That way if something goes wrong I can at least say "I did my best". It's so easy to feel guilty after a loss even though it was nothing you did wrong.

Me too. When I was in the hospital I know the girl next to me talked about a baby they just lost to listeria. Not worth the risk to me, I can eat it when I am not pregnant :)

Listeria is so rare tho.....if it happenned alot i know factories would be shutting down like crazy!

Honestly the only things i stayed away from when preg was alcohol, cig smoke, and like raw fish or meats:)

Listeria is so rare. Yes be careful but don't live in fear.

Yeah, i think people say so many things, women are literally scared to eat or drink anything!

I was addicted to fizzy juice and stopped to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->