Gavin & Stacey too much for TTCers

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Caterpiller, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Caterpiller

Caterpiller Not cooperating

I am sitting here with tears running down my face having just watched episode four of the series - for those of you TTC who are struggling at the moment, this will be a difficult episode. Watch at your own peril - unless you want a good cry, then watch away.

2. DragonMummy

DragonMummy Well-Known Member

I've been struggling with it hun, as you have probably seen in my journal! It's far too close to home....

3. mrphyemma

mrphyemma 2DS, 1DD, 1 Angel baby

It did hit a nerve for me also, to say it is a comedy series it has been cleverly written but I can't boycott the show I love it too much. Uncle Bryn is a legend! x

4. HippyMumma23

HippyMumma23 Well-Known Member

Why what happens? Do they struggle aswell? :(

5. fairygirl

fairygirl Pregnant, 1 Angel, 2 Rainbows

The worst thing is the whole season is already on DVD. I think I may have to get hold of it somehow. Me and DF can watch it Christmas Eve. It has to have a happy ending right?

6. Caterpiller

Caterpiller Not cooperating

I'm sure it will, but its just sitting there knowing exactly what their going through is a little tough to watch - it's like the episodes of CSI where a baby has died, or a child kidnapped - I always have the toughest time with those.

7. stephwiggy

stephwiggy Well-Known Member

and eastenders looks like Ronnie will be having a MC - love christmas TV . NOT

8. fairygirl

fairygirl Pregnant, 1 Angel, 2 Rainbows

It was a bit of a shock when they started the storyline and sad too. Interesting to see it in such a TV show. I just hope they continue to portray it as well. Even if we all end up in tears.

9. Rabbittchild

Rabbittchild Well-Known Member

yup made me cry when I watched it the other day x

10. Wallie

Wallie Well-Known Member

Yes it's a bit close too home. The first night she said that what if she may never have children was really hard, OH and I had just been to see the FS that day.

They seemed to have got their SA results back pretty quick though. I suppose they couldn't drag it out like it is for us in real life.

I still think the show is good but a little too close to home.

11. Stacey_89

Stacey_89 Team PINK

Yeh poor ronnie gets pushed and hits her stomach hard :(

12. Beanhopes

Beanhopes Well-Known Member

Hiya
    I know what you mean about Gavin & Stacey I cried when the she got her negative test result and confessed to ttc for 1yr!
    Although everything on the tv at the moment seems to be about pregnancy or babies. I think it's just because it's on our minds generally so we pick up on everything. I know I do. A woman at work came in today devastated because her 17yr old daughter is 9wks pregnant and they are considering her options! I had to keep myself calm because I'm 37yrs and want nothing more than to be 9wks pregnant and it's just not happening.
    Sending you all :dust:
    Merry Christmas xxx

13. lola-rose

lola-rose scared but hopeful

I felt like that too - and that peopple would watch it and pity me as i have been trying for over 1 year. I hate that feeling but also feel there will be an 'unrealistic' happy ending to make me feel even more shit!

14. Linzi

Linzi Prodest mummy ever

when she took a test in the pub & it was negative and it all came out about her trying for a yr, was of course the day AF was due, I got a negative test, and my hubby and I argued terribly because he doesnt want another baby and I do.

I was quite drunk & I dont remember a lot but I did cry, finding it quite hard to watch x

15. laura6914

laura6914 Proud mummy #2 on the way

i missed last weeks but have got it on the i player to watch. i saw the one where she tested in the toilet and confessed that she hadnt been taking the pill for a year. Can some one bring me up to date please?

xxx

16. Tulip

Tulip Ruby <i>, Dils, Rowan

Gavin's got a low sperm count. I haven't seen episode 4 yet but am bracing myself :(

I wish I could not watch it.... but I just love Ness's one-liners so much.
    "Oh, Stacey, I'm gonna have to go. I've just reached a Steep Incline..."

17. Angel269

Angel269 Active Member

I couldn't help but cry about it too. I thought to myself I know it's only a programme but at least someone else is feeling what I am with each test that is done.

18. DragonMummy

pah, wanna try doing my job. it's a bit more real then and gets me every time. Since having H I can't deal with the baby ones and have to go home afterwards or at least have an hour off.

19. DragonMummy

And I was pleased to note episode 5 was less TTC heavy.... that pleased me greatly!

20. jodie4805

jodie4805 Well-Known Member

I never used to watch it & only started because of this story line.