Gaviscon and making bottles with Perfect Prep

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
My LO has been prescribed gaviscon. He is bottle fed and I make bottles up a few at a time. The gaviscon doesn't tend to dissolve very well when I am heating up his bottles so I was thinking of getting a TT perfect prep machine so that the formula and gaviscon dissolve in the shot of hot water.

Does anyone have any experience of doing it this way or using the TTPP machine? Is it worth the investment? How well does the formula mix in when the hot shot of water is dispensed?

Thanks! Xx

yip works for me. just put the gaviscon in when i put the formula in.

Do you put the formula and gaviscon in the bottle then dispense the hot water?

I'm using the Dr Browns bottles so you can't really shake them, do you need to stir or anything?

Sorry for all the ridiculous questions its just quite a lot of money and I've already spent a fortune on things I wish I hadn't bought! X

I use Dr Brown's bottles too and you're right you have to be a little more careful about shaking them so I put the bottle (without the formula) under the filter thing and then after the hot shot i add the formula and gaviscon at the same time and give it a gentle shake with just the bottle neck and the teat (without the middle bits) and make sure i don't shake it all the way to the top, just kind of twirl it around at the bottom, then add the rest of the water and then give it a good shake, if you shake it once the cold water has been added they don't leak.

i hope that makes sense?

Yes, thanks so much, that's really helpful! One last question about gaviscon! Did you get a faster flow teet? X

no but i was already using size 3 because he was on comfort milk

ok thats fine i only said as its a mission with comfort you have to be really fast getting the powder in else it doesnt mix well, so u be fine

Thanks for all the tips - just off to collect one from toys r us now! X

I was told not to mix it with milk ever but to give it via syringe directly to baby

We don't use gaviscon or anything but just wanted to say you won't regret getting the perfect prep! It's hands down the best thing we've ever bought!

The perfect prep is great!! I put the gaviscon in along with the formula we are using cow and gate comfort milk as the gaviscon was making LO really constipated! She has had absolutely no issues with the comfort milk and we use level 2 teats with the Dr browns bottles she's an extremely happy baby. Oh and in relation to the comfort milk you can use it with gaviscon as it hasn't got any thickener in it I spoke to cow and gate about this before I gave her it!! Told my HV who checked it out and is in agreement now she wasn't aware of this as she had thought it was artificially thickened but it's not x

I was told not to mix it with milk ever but to give it via syringe directly to baby

His dr prescribed the powder sachets that are to be mixed with his milk. Not sure if you're using the liquid maybe?

The perfect prep is great!! I put the gaviscon in along with the formula we are using cow and gate comfort milk as the gaviscon was making LO really constipated! She has had absolutely no issues with the comfort milk and we use level 2 teats with the Dr browns bottles she's an extremely happy baby. Oh and in relation to the comfort milk you can use it with gaviscon as it hasn't got any thickener in it I spoke to cow and gate about this before I gave her it!! Told my HV who checked it out and is in agreement now she wasn't aware of this as she had thought it was artificially thickened but it's not x

I'll maybe double check the aptamil comfort milk, good to know the c&g one is ok if needs be!

Can i ask a Gaviscon question??

My baby has been on it for a couple of months now...i didnt think i could put it in when making my bottles up in advance due to the thickening aspect of it...would it not be too thick?

Also, does it make ur babies a little constipated with solid poos? My lo has trouble farting when on it too

Can i ask a Gaviscon question??

My baby has been on it for a couple of months now...i didnt think i could put it in when making my bottles up in advance due to the thickening aspect of it...would it not be too thick?

Also, does it make ur babies a little constipated with solid poos? My lo has trouble farting when on it too

Your right you can't add it if you are making bottles in advance but with the perfect prep machine it makes the bottle fresh and at the correct temp when ever baby is ready to eat and it's made in under 2 minutes..... Yes Mia was really constipated and had trouble passing wind with the gaviscon on normal milk she was so unhappy and in pain but now she is on comfort milk she doesn't have any issues in that department anymore xx

Thank you.
I tried comfort milk with Megan but she refuses to take it. Just happily sits there spitting it back out...minx!! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"