GD and induction?

NewMom2be5

Mama to Aston :)
Reaction score
Hi is it for sure those with GD will need to be induced???

I think if the GD is managed then no it is not for sure. My MW had said though that they probably wouldn't let me go past 38 weeks before I was diagnosed but I haven't heard a thing about it since. I am going to ask on Monday at my appt if they will induce me before 38 weeks though because I have had a huge decrease in movement and it is really worrying. Plus, I have been having contractions every 2-3 minutes for 2 weeks AND my DH is deploying very soon and would like to spend time with LO before he leaves..

I have noticed when I keep my sugar right LO seems to move more.... I hope that's a promising sign....

I had an ultrasound today to check on his weight and he is 6 pounds and 5 ounces and is in the 40% percentile. So even a little on the small side! She said he looks perfect for someone with GD and that his tummy is measuring perfectly. So GD doesn't always mean problems and big babies.

That reassures me... I've been sticking to a stricter diet and today I was naughty and ate something to raised my sugar... I lowered it down by some exercise but I hope I didn't cause some thing bad :(

Try not to worry - 1 high sugar reading will not do anything to your baby - it basically just gives them extra sugar which is why they grow big if it stays like that. My baby also moves best when my sugars are right.

Sounds like your baby is doing great - just keep asking them what they want to do but well controlled GDs do seem to be allowed to go to term (seldom beyond, but sometimes even overdue)

I feel bad I was bad today for some reason and ate a truck load for dinner and drank tons of water on top and felt like chucking not to be gross and felt really insanely full for a long time I hope LO isn't getting any Ill effects from that ... Sorry just concerned

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->