• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

GD and Induction...

Honeypot

Hubby, baby tater, and I
Reaction score
Hey ladies!
So, my due date is tomorrow. I believe that I'm going to go over it lol. I got to go back to the doctor tomorrow for another NST (btw, I've done two of these and each week shows that Im having contractions but I sure as heck can't feel them), and another cervix check. Since 37 weeks, I've always been 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Well this past Monday at 39 weeks, she couldn't even reach my cervix!! Im really disappointed over that.
Also, she wants to go over the nitty gritty with me tomorrow about induction because she wants to induce on Monday night/Tuesday.
I'm upset over it because I know many inductions end up in csection (though I could not, who knows) AND because I don't want to be in the hospital on Thanksgiving (Thursday) we got to be there at least 48 hours after the baby is born and with a csection you have to be there an extra day (BOO!)
Has anyone asked their OB if they can just wait it out? I wouldn't mind getting induced after Thanksgiving (that would make me happy so I wont be in the hospital on a holiday lol and maybe it would give my cervix more time to dilate) I thought she wouldn't be willing to because of the GD...but then again, I've never heard of them letting their patient go past 40 weeks either.

Well IMO I'd want baby out, if you are having contractions anyway you may have baby quite quickly after being induced - fingers crossed! Have you tried going to bed with your husband - sperm has the same hormone as they induce you with - could work and it would make dh happy!!
Goodluck Hun - I know it would be disappointing not to be home for thanks giving but you need baby out now xxxx

Well IMO I'd want baby out, if you are having contractions anyway you may have baby quite quickly after being induced - fingers crossed! Have you tried going to bed with your husband - sperm has the same hormone as they induce you with - could work and it would make dh happy!!
Goodluck Hun - I know it would be disappointing not to be home for thanks giving but you need baby out now xxxx

Hello! I do want him out...then again, I don't mind him being in so much either lol. I guess my contractions have been quite irregular. I noticed when I was hooked up to the NST, My monitor would be climbing from 0-100 in just a few seconds and then it would all of a sudden go away...it did that three times during an hour NST on Monday. The rest of the time the numbers were ranged anywhere between 20-60s.

I dtd with the husband last night actually and I'm hoping to tonight as well lol. He may feel like I'm using him though so I feel for him on that because I kind of am lol, but on the bright side he is getting sex and he better take it cause it gonna be a while afterwards lol.

I'm gonna talk about maybe getting induced on Sunday night instead of Monday night (that would be one day that I could get out earlier as long as I didn't have to have a csection). My doctor wouldn't be there...that's why Monday night was mentioned was because she'd be on call on Tuesday night. But, I'm not one to care if she is there or not. Any doctor will work for me. And I feel horrible for saying that, but....

We don't have a choice who we get in the Uk so it wouldn't be an issue for me either x I hope you get to hold your baby before thanks giving - it would be wonderful to show baby off, such perfect timing!! Wish you luck and a stressless birth xxx

Thank you! I went to the doctor today and the NST showed I'm having contractions but they were not close enough together. And I got a membrane sweep today (once she was able to reach my cervix). That was about 9:30ish and I've been crampy ever since then. If Lucas don't come on his own, I go to the hospital at 3 on Sunday afternoon =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"