Gd food check

fedupwaiting

Reaction score
Hey girls. Got my appointment through for gd consultant next week. Can you have a look at my food for today and give me an idea of strengths and weaknesses?

Desperately trying to minimise the predicted shock I'm going to get next week.

By the way I had long term ttc issues due to PCOS so I thought I had already made some good decisions.

Breakfast: apple, 6 thin wholegrain crackers with two dairylea triangles, cup of tea with semi skimmed milk

lunch: bowl of lentil soup, 2 slices of seeded granary bread with 2 slices of bacon.

Snack: strawberry mullerlight yoghurt

tea: half a cheese and bacon quiche with half head of brocolli
another cup of tea

I would also normally have a wee biscuit and cup of tea later on but I'm too freaked out to have the biscuit and don't know what to have in it's place.

All opinions and suggestions welcome xxxx

It looks good to me. Carbs are important, but have to be closely monitored. Looks to me that you're eating the perfect amount from what I've been told!

Looks good. Once you start testing, you might find you can have a little more freedom in what you eat. Just keep up with combining your carbs with protein and fat. Also, a small biscuit is probably just fine. If the carbs and calories for it aren't excessive, then it's not likely to spike your blood sugar. Just don't eat a whole package!

Och it all sounded so good till you said not the whole package lol

got my monitor today and my appointment next week- so I'm trying to stay optimistic!!

Thanks girls xxx

Sorry to hijack, i'm broody and had GD with ds1! (also doing a course in diabetes care) That sounds fine to me, obviously different foods affect different people, i would of had high numbers with the quiche but i couldn't tolerate many carbs!
Its important to get a balance of protein with carb, as it helps the steady the blood sugar level as opposed to if you just ate a carby meal on its own.
You'll get the hang of things soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->