Gee, thanks SO much for telling me!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by MoonMuffin, Dec 16, 2009.

1. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

Apparently since Nov 1st no visitors under 18 are allowed on the maternity unit, not even SIBLINGS :growlmad: :cry:
    I'm sooo sad, I want to see my DD while I'm recovering (will be in the hospital at least 3 and a half days) and I want her to meet her little brother before bringing this new thing into her environment. This new policy has been in effect since Nov 1st, and I always bring my DD to my OB appointments, it would have been nice to have been told before today (I'm having my c-section in 3 days!). I'm lucky that my parents are watching Kathryn otherwise my DH wouldn't even be able to stay with me in the hospital and help me with the new baby (I remember the recovery with my DD and I couldn't even get out of bed without help for a couple days).
    Ugh I'm just so upset about the whole thing right now :cry:

2. cutie4evr01

cutie4evr01 Well-Known Member

My hospital has implemented the same policy! I don't have any other kids, but if I did I'd be pretty upset about that as well. I'm so sorry!

3. PineappleHead

PineappleHead Mommy of two

yeah the hospitals here in GA have the same policy and I just found out about it recently.
    Makes me upset cause my lil brothers wont be able to meet their nephew :(

4. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

Aw, I know it's just because of the swine flu and kids are great germ carriers, but it still sucks. I want to be able to see my little girl (I've never been away from her for more then a night) and I want to see her meet her little brother as soon as possible.

5. mamato2more

mamato2more Number 9 on the way

I know it! That just stinks! I am so sorry to hear that it's affecting you..I was wondering if hospitals would make exceptions for women having babies!

6. Celesse

Celesse Well-Known Member

Is this because of Swine Flu?

7. mummyjax

mummyjax Well-Known Member

I have been told that my husband will be the only person that can visit and this is because of Swine Flu. I wasn't even allowed a tour of the hospital. In Norway you move into the Hospital Hotel once you have given birth and stay for 3 nights and I was really looking forward to that experience but 3 nights away from my 2 daughters is not something I want if they can't even visit me. Gutted

8. bethy1512

bethy1512 due NYE 09

they've done it at my hospital too. also only 2 visitors in morning and 2 in afternoon. and you cant swap iykwim (was gonna have my brother wait ouside and swap with my sister but not allowed).

also went all the way to torquay for the tour of the unit just to be told they dont do those anymore either cuz of swine flu :(

9. QTPie

QTPie Well-Known Member

My hospital isn't doing that, BUT it does restrict visitors to "the parents, siblings and grandparents of the baby"... (so my brother and his kids couldn't visit... we are hoping that they might make an exception for my husband's 87 year old Great Grandma who will be flying in from Los Angeles to see the baby... ).

QT

10. geekone

geekone Well-Known Member

QT just dont mention the great part and you will be fine.

I would be really annoyed if I had other kids and they couldnt get in, it is awful and not exactly family friendly. I have to say I would be taking them in anyway! See what they can do about it.

11. sarah0108

sarah0108 Well-Known Member

:hugs: im so sorry hun that must be awful! i really hope my hospital doesnt do something like that, i want harriet to meet the baby. And also my friends and FOB are under 18 too!!

x

12. jen1604

jen1604 Well-Known Member

Oh hon that really sucks for you and for Kathryn.Massive hugs for you,I know how upset I would be if I wasnt allowed to see Ophelia :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxx

13. Emskins

Emskins Well-Known Member

It's the same here in Switzerland as well although they did say that if a sibling has been vaccinated agianst swine flu they will be allowed in to see mum and new baby....

14. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

thats awfull! i hope my hospital doesnt have that, the only visitors i want are my mum dad brother and sister, but my brother and sister are the babys aunt and uncle and my sisters only 16! :S

15. hondagirl

hondagirl Well-Known Member

Our hospital is very strict and ive seen them evict visitors if they ignore the signs! I was kept in last week for 4 days and only my hubby was allowed in, i had to meet my kids outside the ward doors. I could meet them in the canteen but only becasue i was able to walk about fine. In some ways it does make sense as visiting hours tend to get very congested and you always get someone who takes the mic and ends up with half dozen people round the bed. The midwives are so hard pushed anyway that they really dont need to be dealing with loads of visitors and swine flu too.
    x

16. summerarmahni

summerarmahni summer and bailey

oh no i hope my hospital doesnt do this i hate been away from my lil girl and i wantd her to meet her bay bro as soon as poss, i just hope i am in and out as quick as poss so i can come bk home to her x

17. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

omg thats awful, they havent done it at my hosp - yet

18. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

What if the mother and father of the baby are under 18 ???

im not, but what if?