• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Gender disapointment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't fret doll :hugs:

When I was pregnant with my son I desperately wanted a girl. I am very girly and I will admit, a lot of the reasons I wanted/want a daughter are very petty, but I don't think anybody needs to justify their feelings - feelings cannot be helped, they just are.

I just knew I was having a little boy - the same way a lot of the other posters in this thread have said - because I wanted a girl so badly I knew it couldn't possibly be one. So when I had my anatomy ultrasound and the technician matter of factly commented 'It's a male' I glanced at my partner who wanted a boy and my parents who thus far only have grandsons, and forced a smile.

Later that night I went home and just felt hollow. I fretted that I wouldn't love a boy as much as I would love a girl, and that a boy wouldn't be as much fun.

I know in my case that when he was born it wasn't love at first sight, but I feel that girl or not it would have been like that. I think I was just in shock that I was now responsible for a helpless little human - it's a crazy feeling!

I didn't like boys things either, and I still don't like some of them but you know what? They're growing on me and the stuff my son loves I am really beginning to take joy in. I get excited looking at toy car and garage sets and train sets because I know how much fun he would have playing with them. Ben 10 toys and Transformers? Not so much but I suspect when he starts to play with them and I see how much he delights in them I'll like those too. As for the clothes, I still find a lot of boys clothes to be awful (sports designs, MASSES of clothes with dogs on) but you can find the cutest little polo shirts and jeans and trust me it is so fun to dress your little boy up so he is a super handsome wee dude.

You will love your son because he is just that - yours. And you will be his favourite gal.
My little boy gives me snuggles and big sloppy kisses and picks daisies, sniffs them and then gives them to me. He is the absolute sweetest and while I would still love a girl, I would take ten the same as my wee man.

If you're ever having a bad day (I remember having quite a few of those) you're more than welcome to drop me a PM. As for In-Gender, it's broken :( But as HPJagged said, genderdreaming is good too :)

x

Don't fret doll :hugs:

When I was pregnant with my son I desperately wanted a girl. I am very girly and I will admit, a lot of the reasons I wanted/want a daughter are very petty, but I don't think anybody needs to justify their feelings - feelings cannot be helped, they just are.

I just knew I was having a little boy - the same way a lot of the other posters in this thread have said - because I wanted a girl so badly I knew it couldn't possibly be one. So when I had my anatomy ultrasound and the technician matter of factly commented 'It's a male' I glanced at my partner who wanted a boy and my parents who thus far only have grandsons, and forced a smile.

Later that night I went home and just felt hollow. I fretted that I wouldn't love a boy as much as I would love a girl, and that a boy wouldn't be as much fun.

I know in my case that when he was born it wasn't love at first sight, but I feel that girl or not it would have been like that. I think I was just in shock that I was now responsible for a helpless little human - it's a crazy feeling!

I didn't like boys things either, and I still don't like some of them but you know what? They're growing on me and the stuff my son loves I am really beginning to take joy in. I get excited looking at toy car and garage sets and train sets because I know how much fun he would have playing with them. Ben 10 toys and Transformers? Not so much but I suspect when he starts to play with them and I see how much he delights in them I'll like those too. As for the clothes, I still find a lot of boys clothes to be awful (sports designs, MASSES of clothes with dogs on) but you can find the cutest little polo shirts and jeans and trust me it is so fun to dress your little boy up so he is a super handsome wee dude.

You will love your son because he is just that - yours. And you will be his favourite gal.
My little boy gives me snuggles and big sloppy kisses and picks daisies, sniffs them and then gives them to me. He is the absolute sweetest and while I would still love a girl, I would take ten the same as my wee man.

If you're ever having a bad day (I remember having quite a few of those) you're more than welcome to drop me a PM. As for In-Gender, it's broken :( But as HPJagged said, genderdreaming is good too :)

x

Thank you so much for your support! He sounds adorable :) xx

For everyone : thank you so much for your support on this issue.. it means alot <3

I am gradually doing much better.. mainly because three people around me have lost their baby in the past week (one being 38 weeks pregnant!)

So i'm currently not giving a shit what he/she is... I need him to be healthy! This week has been a total shock to my system. :(

<3 You're all so amazing, thank you again for your kind words. It's nice to know im' not alone. xxxx

Omg I understand one million %, im having twins and im desperate for girls or one of each, the thought of having two boys does scare me but I have to say I have a gut feeling that it's two boys just because im not big on little boys, iv never really been able to relate to boys that well. My little sister is only 8 and she's amazing so pink and fluffy she's my angel :) xx

When I had my first DD, I was so convinced through the entire pregnancy that she was a he.. I even bought all blue but when the DR announced " it's a girl" my heart sank..
I have always been a "tom boy" and thought I would relate more to a son, and my DD turned out to be the girlest, girl you ever met ( she still is)... fast forward 22 yrs..and three more daughters..
I am now pregnant with my 5th and hoping this one is also a girl..
I gave up the thought of having a boy years ago, I love my girls..

For everyone : thank you so much for your support on this issue.. it means alot <3

I am gradually doing much better.. mainly because three people around me have lost their baby in the past week (one being 38 weeks pregnant!)

So i'm currently not giving a shit what he/she is... I need him to be healthy! This week has been a total shock to my system. :(

<3 You're all so amazing, thank you again for your kind words. It's nice to know im' not alone. xxxx

I'm glad you're having a better time of things x It honestly does get better. I am so sorry for your friends' losses, how heartbreaking :cry:

When I had my first DD, I was so convinced through the entire pregnancy that she was a he.. I even bought all blue but when the DR announced " it's a girl" my heart sank..
I have always been a "tom boy" and thought I would relate more to a son, and my DD turned out to be the girlest, girl you ever met ( she still is)... fast forward 22 yrs..and three more daughters..

Hey your here, will be stalking to find out what your cooking sweetie :happydance:

I've got to say, I felt exactly the same! I was dreading the scan because I really didn't want a boy at all and at the beginning of the pregnancy both me and OH thought it was a girl but then we started to think 'boy'. When we were having the scan I had second thoughts and didn't want to find out, but I hadn't mentioned this to OH and he said we wanted to know. Low and behold the tech told us 'boy!' and I couldn't hide my disappointment, I managed to hold back the tears until we got in the car, I hardly spoke on the way to the car and couldn't bear to look at the pictures, OH was beaming (although he was happy regardless of gender). I felt guilty, disappointed and even felt as though I didn't want the baby anymore!

It took me ages to get over the fact he was a boy, I couldn't look at boys clothes, or anything to do with boys, and I just thought they were all dirty and smelt (lol) and played football (which I hate!!). When I was younger and before I was pregnant, I always imagined having a girl and going shopping etc (although I don't go with my mum and we don't get on that well!). In a way I think I wanted to put right mine and my mums' relationship through a daughter, then I could be the kind of mum I had wanted all my life :cry:

Anyway...

After several weeks and many tears, I came around to the idea of having a boy and bought him some clothes and got excited. I know everyone says this, but as soon as he was born, I couldn't care what he was, I just had an overwhelming desire to protect him, care for him and cuddle him! I was (and am still) in love with him and would do anything for him! And, if we were to have anymore children, I hope its anther boy as i've seen and had experience of some really mardy girls with an attitude problem :haha: My niece being one of them! :haha:

Don't worry hun, the feeling will pass, you will love him so much and he will love you, it may take a while to pass but like me, you will be reading this in a few months and think, what was I talking about! :hugs:

Hey your here, will be stalking to find out what your cooking sweetie :happydance:

Aww you had your wee girl, congrats! She's beautiful. I remember you from the tri forums when I was pregnant with my little boy :)

Thanks :hugs: remember you too and my korben's birthday 3 days after your Lachlan's 26th :hugs:

I haven't read all the pages, so not sure if your feeling better.
It took me and my husband a pretty long time to concieve (19 months) and I was so desperate for a little girl, I didn't even like wakin up from dreams of a baby boy. I just couldnt imagine having a boy. But once I saw him moving on the screen and being told he was a boy, I fell so in love with him. When he started moving alot more, it made it even easier to accept him. He is not even here yet, and I love him more than anything in the world. I look for clothes that are not bright and cartoon characters etc. He has alot of cute litte blue jeans and very cute tops that are not childish looking. My husband wanted a girl, but im sure thats just cause of something that I won't even get into about with my husbands father, its a very long and confusing story to stragners. But he is so pleased to have a son on the way, and can't wait to take little man fishing, fourwheeler riding, monster trucks, and honestly It makes me happy for him. When we decided to start ttc, me and my husband went to a monster truck show in 2009 and we sat next to this man and his little boy,having a boys night out, and was the cutest thing ever. That night my husban turned to me and asked if we could start trying for a baby. I'm so excited for him that he will have a son to do these things with.
You'll come around I promise :)

I had a bit of gender disappointment because i have 2 girls already i was hoping for a boy but in a way I'm glad to be having another girl as i know girls..

Just think this is your first and you could have a girl in your next pregnancy if you decide to have another....*hugs*

I am :happydance:
After 10 months of TTC was are finally pregnant:hugs:
We find out the gender Dec 3rd !

I am :happydance:
After 10 months of TTC was are finally pregnant:hugs:
We find out the gender Dec 3rd !

Ohhhh exciting :happydance::happydance:

Keep us updated not long to wait :hugs:

Don't worry, I even wanted a boy from the start and still felt a little disappointed when they confirmed my LO is a boy as then I realised I wasn't going to have a little girl in pretty pink dresses and to take shopping when she's older. I think maybe it's because it can only be one or the other that when you get told your baby's sex, even if it's the one you wanted, it's natural to feel sad about the other side, if you get what I'm tryin to say? Like the grass always seems greener on the other side? :hugs:

This makes perfect sense to me and is why I'm on team yellow...I'm hoping that if I'm told the gender once the baby is in my arms I'll not care at all as obviously my baby will be the cutest ever born!

:hugs: to the OP. I've no doubt you'll love your baby more than anything when he gazes into your eyes for the first time.

I waited for a girl for 20yrs as ive already got 4 boys and suffered bad GD when i found out my 4th was a boy, but now ive been bless with a girl she's such a Diva id have 10 boys :haha:

To the OP even tho i suffered this more with my 4th boy once he was born i fell in love and wouldnt change a thing, you will get through this :hugs:

TBH, I think I would feel the same. But think I'd keep the gender a surprise until it's born. I want a girl but OH wants a boy so between us at least one of us is happy. Think I'd prepare myself for the worse and start looking at boy clothes so I would get used to that idea, just in case.

Honestly, I really wanted a boy, I always wanted boys, and couldn't imagine having a girl. We were team yellow but were told by accident that LO is a girl, and I really couldn't be happier. I have actually surprised myself by not being disappointed or anything, and am over the moon about it now, and my OH always wanted a girl so he is so excited which makes it more exciting for me. I still have a hard time believing it, as we had a boys name picked out, I had gotten lots of blue, I really thought it was a boy, but my instinct and dreams were wrong! This may not be the case for everyone, but for us, it never became an issue.

DH didn&#8217;t take us having a girl well either. He really wanted a boy since he already has a girl with someone else. I would have gone either way, but now I know that this will probably be my first and last pregnancy because DH does not want to try again and have 3 girls. This makes me more disappointed than having a girl.

This has been a great, supportive thread. You ladies are awesome! I&#8217;m glad you are feeling better loulabelle!

Massive :hugs: to OP (sorry hun, forgot your username!)

I always wanted one of each, when pregnant with my first I wanted a girl, same order as my mum. I couldn't find out at the 20 week scan so was a reluctant team yellow, she came out pink :) I couldn't have been happier.

Then it took us AGES to conceive our second, at first I wanted a boy, but then I convinced myself I was having a girl and I was so excited at that prospect and I had my heart set on it and had picked out the name, even though OH wasn't keen. At 14 weeks I caught chicken pox, it scared the shit out of me and I was so worried about my baby.

Baby so far seems fine, had an in depth 20 week scan and the first thing we saw was a pair of balls. My heart sunk, I cried and tried to pretend they were happy tears.

I was so relieved more than anything that he was fine. We had a name picked out if it was a boy so he's been Jago for several months now!

I've only recently come to terms with the fact that I am having a boy (reading that his testes should have descended kinda made it hit home!). My daughter is crazy, she loves everything, from fairies to cars, to playing with stickers and dancing to jumping in puddles (blame Peppa Pig!).

I now can't wait to meet my little man, I hate boys clothes and I'm still drawn to baby girls. I dislike how it's all joggers and trucks etc... I have seen a very pretty pink shirt in Next which I think he might have :) and I love all the smarter boys clothes that are around, little waistcoats, nice chino's and he WILL have a flat cap :)

There are upsides and downsides to both genders, however regardless of baby's flavour it will be your baby, that first cuddle is good, I won't say amazing, but it's lovely. When they smile at you for the first time your heart melts, and the first time they kiss you, hug you and say "I love you" is amazing. My little girl is a daddy's girl, I cannot wait for mummy's boy to be here.

:hugs: I hope you're doing well and are beginning to come to terms with having a little willy growing inside you (this freaked me out for WEEKS! :haha: ) :hugs: xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"