Gender Disappointment?

mamawanabe21

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Does anyone else have an overwhelming feeling about the gender of their baby?

I really do believe that bean is a boy, and can't imagine it being a girl. I've only really planned for a boy, and get excited about doing boy things, but now I'm really worried that if I find out on Tuesday that its a girl, that I'll suffer from gender disappointment and wont bond as well.

Has anyone else felt like this, and were your feelings right? If they weren't, did you get gender disappointment?

It's odd, because all my life, ever since I was a child, I've always wanted a daughter. Now it's come down to it, I'm hoping for a boy.

I always new I wanted a girl, and I know that I only want one baby.

Had she been a boy it would have taken me a long time to get over it, coupled with the fact my whole family didn't make it a secret they wanted a girl as well so I think I would have suffered quite badly for a while.

I don't have strong feelings as to what we're having (although I have a hunch). But I really really want a boy. Problem is, I also really really want a girl!!! So I'm in the stupid situation of expecting to be disappointed (along with excited), whatever the gender of this baby. :haha: Clearly a sign that we need more babies in the future if you ask me!

But anyway, try not to worry too much. It might be a boy anyway or you might find that if you're told girl, you suddenly find that's what you wanted all along! If you do find out and can't get over any disappointment you might have, there's a gender disappointment forum on here where I'm sure you'll find plenty of support. :hugs:

Had she been a boy it would have taken me a long time to get over it, coupled with the fact my whole family didn't make it a secret they wanted a girl as well so I think I would have suffered quite badly for a while.

I know I'll love the baby unconditionally no matter what the sex, but it's the main reason as to why I've opted to find out at my scan. At least then I'll have another 20 weeks to get my head around the flavour of my bun lol.
I also feel a lot of pressure from family members too. Half want a boy, and half want a girl, and I know that neither halves will hide their disappointment when they find out either way!

I really do believe that bean is a boy, and can't imagine it being a girl. I've only really planned for a boy, and get excited about doing boy things, but now I'm really worried that if I find out on Tuesday that its a girl, that I'll suffer from gender disappointment and wont bond as well.

Has anyone else felt like this, and were your feelings right? If they weren't, did you get gender disappointment?

It's odd, because all my life, ever since I was a child, I've always wanted a daughter. Now it's come down to it, I'm hoping for a boy.

Maybe if your that worried don't find out the sex? Then when lo is born you wil be so happy it may take that disappointment away? If you feel you will be really upset. Just a thought x

Thank you Amy :)

Maybe you're right; I'll just keep going until I have both :haha: :)

I know what you're going through.
From the day I saw baby on our 12 week scan, I was convinced baby was a girl. All of the old wives tales and tests and online gender charts and predictors all said girl. Family members were also convinced. I went to my scan and was very nervous in the waiting room.

We went in and the scan was over half an hour because the baby was wriggling so much it took that long to get the measurements. They don't tell you the gender until the end either. We waited patiently and she told us that he was a little boy.

I almost fell off the bed in shock.

The whole walk back to the car, I was in shock. It wouldn't sink in and I kept telling myself "she must be wrong, she doesn't know what she's talking about, how can she be so sure anyway?" Time is passing and it's slowly sinking in that baby is a little boy. I still get a little upset sometimes when I go shopping and wish that I was buying the sweet little dresses etc. But then I realise that that's not my little boy's fault and I should just be grateful that he is extremely healthy in there.

After all, this won't be my only child. So I'm sure I'll have my little girl some day. She will just have a big brother to take care of her now. :)

Maybe if your that worried don't find out the sex? Then when lo is born you wil be so happy it may take that disappointment away? If you feel you will be really upset. Just a thought x

I've considered this, but I have OCD, and I'm obsessive about organisation. I HAVE to know what I'm doing, and it can't be neutral because to me that doesn't feel organised? It's hard to explain, sorry if that doesn't make sense. :)

I know I'll love the baby unconditionally no matter what the sex, but it's the main reason as to why I've opted to find out at my scan. At least then I'll have another 20 weeks to get my head around the flavour of my bun lol.
I also feel a lot of pressure from family members too. Half want a boy, and half want a girl, and I know that neither halves will hide their disappointment when they find out either way!

Yeah definitely the love will be there regardless, but you sound the same as me. It's the exact reason why I found out at 18 weeks what I was having so I could have all the time I needed to adjust to a boy (if it was) before it was born.

Not finding out would have stressed me out too much and then I still would have been disappointed then which is unfair on baby because under no circumstances did I want a boy. Sounds horrible writing it down but I have thought about having a girl since I was 10/12 years old.

I really hope you'll get your dream - it does feel amazing. :flower:

I have my scan on Tuesday, Knk, and I'm already very nervous. Of course the top priority is that everything is healthy about him/her, and if they do say girl I think I'll probably react the same as you!
I'm just so convinced, it's really hard for me to imagine someone saying I'm wrong about it lol.

I've considered this, but I have OCD, and I'm obsessive about organisation. I HAVE to know what I'm doing, and it can't be neutral because to me that doesn't feel organised? It's hard to explain, sorry if that doesn't make sense. :)

Maybe it's not really that you'd be disappointed with a girl, maybe it's just the thought of your hunch being wrong? I'm also quite obsessive about having control over my life (although no diagnosed OCD or anything) and I understand that it SUCKS not knowing "who" you're carrying in your belly. I'm finding out for that same reason. Maybe your mind has just convinced you that it's a boy as a coping mechanism, to take away the uncertainty. And maybe you don't really mind which gender you've got deep down, maybe it's just the knowing itself that matters? I don't know if I'm explaining this properly but basically, maybe once you know for sure, it'll be ok either way, because you know?

No makes complete sense to me I suffer from anxiety and with that I get OCD over things too :hugs:

I have my scan on Tuesday, Knk, and I'm already very nervous. Of course the top priority is that everything is healthy about him/her, and if they do say girl I think I'll probably react the same as you!
I'm just so convinced, it's really hard for me to imagine someone saying I'm wrong about it lol.

It was the same for me. I also felt like I'd bonded with a little girl since 12 weeks. So I kind of feel like I'm having to re-do all that bonding again. But it is SOOO nice to finally know and to finally think realistically about names or colours you might paint the nursery :)

Not sure u can post about this in here:-s

Why? x

Theres a gender disappointment section on the forum specifically for posts like this. :)

Worst case scenario, administrators will move the thread for you. I went to the gender disappointment thread and physically could not figure out how to post or read threads, it said something about logging in or something, yet I was already logged in to the website :wacko:

This time round I was convinced I was having a girl, all the old wives tales and predictors said girl and I was so excited, the thought of having a son and a daughter was just perfect but of course it was all wishful thinking! Found out at my 20 week scan bubs was a boy and I was expecting to be really gutted because I had wanted a girl so badly, but when the ultrasound lady told me I was having a boy this wave of excitement and proudness swept over me and now I couldn't imagine being pregnant with a girl (this time) I know I will get my daughter one day but for now my life is just perfect with my boys <3 xxx

This time round I was convinced I was having a girl, all the old wives tales and predictors said girl and I was so excited, the thought of having a son and a daughter was just perfect but of course it was all wishful thinking! Found out at my 20 week scan bubs was a boy and I was expecting to be really gutted because I had wanted a girl so badly, but when the ultrasound lady told me I was having a boy this wave of excitement and proudness swept over me and now I couldn't imagine being pregnant with a girl (this time) I know I will get my daughter one day but for now my life is just perfect with my boys <3 xxx

I feel like that, kind of like I couldn't imagine it being any other way now. Almost like the thought of having a baby girl at the moment would just be unrealistic FOR ME.

I get really excited now when I see little boys in supermarkets and things and see how madly excited they are about just about everything lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->