Gender guilt

I feel the same but with wanting a boy! We've been calling the bump by our chosen boy name since practically 4 weeks and definitely since the 12 week scan! I don't know why I'm bothered, last time I really wanted a girl and I had a girl and I can't help thinking if this baby is another girl then with my next pregnancy I will be a nightmare! I will HAVE to have a boy. Though, my instinct was strong last time from the start and was right so hopefully it will be this time - so I can avoid the guilt though, not cus I won't want my baby is she's a girl.

I dunno if maybe having a boy is exciting because I already have all the girl stuff from only 7 months ago so I can't afford to buy anything much if it's another girl. If it's a boy I have to lol

Either way, for all of us we will be totally over the moon with our babies. xxx

jumping over from 3rd tri...but I too had had gender disappointment with my first. I was so set on having a boy first that when they said it was a girl I went into meltdown.
I didn't think I knew what I was doing with a girl, even though I come from a family of 5 girls 3 boys and had 5 nieces at the time. I was just scared of the frills and what have you, lo and behold lil' one hated dresses from the get-go and now I find myself pregnant with another girl and hoping she is super girly so we can use the dresses her older sister so hated!
FYI, when I got over the initial shock , I grew very excited and wanted to sort out her name. Once she was born I just wanted to cuddle her all the time! You will cringe at yourself for ever feeling disappointed or just shocked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->