Gender reveal parties

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
So I was thinking that with my second I would like to have a gender reveal party for my friends because it is really uncommon in my country and so for that reason it is very appealing to me.

I would obviously not be able to wait until then! Lol so I was thinking of doing it a tad different (see some in the US also does this). I would like to keep a party at a butterfly world or strawberry farm if it's a girl as one of the clues and if a boy then at our favourite Italian restaurant located on a small airport. I would let my daughter hand out little dummy charms either pink or blue and the guests should guess the gender. I will still need to think about the cake. Lol

Would any of you like to do something like this when the time comes?

Wow, I love that idea... I was thinking about keeping the gender to ourselves...

I have never heard of anything like this before... And you got some great places in mind to host... x

I do feel guilty about peeking, so maybe I should rather let it be a surprise for us as well. I was thinking about letting out balloons in a box with the gender colour and then just have a beautiful cake (or both), but not sure. Haha

I've seen it done with the cake, but the couple didn't know the gender until the reveal. They had given the gender enclosed in a sealed envelope to the baker, who made the frosting inside the cake either pink or blue (in this case it was blue). When the couple cut the cake together at the party, they found out with everyone else. It was nice, because other people were able to tape their reaction... would be cool to show an LO one day.

At the party they also had a table set up with baby pictures from both the mom and dad, a gender poll, and everyone got to wear either a pink or blue lei based off their guess.

I'm in the US. :thumbup:

I've seen it done with the cake, but the couple didn't know the gender until the reveal. They had given the gender enclosed in a sealed envelope to the baker, who made the frosting inside the cake either pink or blue (in this case it was blue). When the couple cut the cake together at the party, they found out with everyone else. It was nice, because other people were able to tape their reaction... would be cool to show an LO one day.

At the party they also had a table set up with baby pictures from both the mom and dad, a gender poll, and everyone got to wear either a pink or blue lei based off their guess.

I'm in the US. :thumbup:

This is exactly what I'm doing when the time comes. If you do a Pinterest search for gender reveal, there are a ton of good party ideas. I think it will be so much fun to find out with all our loved ones!

I was think of giving an envelope to the party store and let them fill abox with either pink or blue balloons and let someone else fetch it for us. I am still doing the cake as well, but will have the balloons as the sign then first. I'm not going to do all the photos etc, but will let everyone gues with the charms though and will let everyone dress according to a theme. The theme will depend on the season of the year at that time.

I would really like to do a gender reveal party as well. I really like the cake idea with the gender colored frosting on the inside. I wouldnt find out until the party with everyone else. I also think it would be great because we dont usually have baby showers for the 2nd, etc. baby so it would be a great opportunity to get everyone together and celebrate the baby since this will be neither mine nor my OHs first child.

I want to do this, too!

Although I definitely would not want to find out the gender with everyone else at the party. No matter what gender, I know I will be an emotional wreck, and I would rather share that moment with just my husband :) This way I can be done being a basket case and soak in the fun of the reveal to my friends and family, haha!

I also really want to do a pregnancy photo session, and take a few "gender reveal" pictures to send out and announce on facebook :D

Unfortunately gender reveal parties aren't big in the UK, in fact iv never known anyone to have them, some ppl have baby showers but no one I know so I guess Il be doing it all the British way which unfortunately means low key lol.

I love that cake idea though it sounds like loads of fun but like holly I'd want to know myself first then tell everyone else

Unfortunately gender reveal parties aren't big in the UK, in fact iv never known anyone to have them, some ppl have baby showers but no one I know so I guess Il be doing it all the British way which unfortunately means low key lol.

I love that cake idea though it sounds like loads of fun but like holly I'd want to know myself first then tell everyone else

You could be a trendsetter! :) BTW, I've missed seeing you around lately!

Never heard of this before I'm not sure if I would do this.

We are definitely doing a gender reveal. I pretty much have ours planned :) We are going to do the cake reveal and we won't find out until at the party when we cut the cake. I think this one of the things I am excited about most in regard to being pregnant!

You and I should switch homes - even thinking about an extra celebration during which DH and I would have to be the centers of attention makes me anxious! I'll hang out in the UK and tell my family "Sorry, no party, it's not part of the culture here!" And you can come to the US and tell your family and friends, "Hey, when in Rome!"

Needless to say, while I'd love to go to someone else's, I don't think a gender reveal party would be up my alley. I would be nice to do something like that just for my husband and I though so that we could find out together in a special way!

This is why I want to have one. No-one here that I know of had one so it will be something new. I will try to wait with the gender, but most probably will not be able to.

It sounds like a really fun idea (the cake or balloon reveal), but I would probably incorporate it as part of the baby shower rather than have a whole extra party for it!

Aw thanks I went on holiday for 2 weeks and refuse to use my phone while away so had 2 weeks away from absolutely everything. It was bliss.

You and I should switch homes - even thinking about an extra celebration during which DH and I would have to be the centers of attention makes me anxious! I'll hang out in the UK and tell my family "Sorry, no party, it's not part of the culture here!" And you can come to the US and tell your family and friends, "Hey, when in Rome!"

Needless to say, while I'd love to go to someone else's, I don't think a gender reveal party would be up my alley. I would be nice to do something like that just for my husband and I though so that we could find out together in a special way!

It sounds like a really fun idea (the cake or balloon reveal), but I would probably incorporate it as part of the baby shower rather than have a whole extra party for it!

It will be the norm over here soon too don't worry. I think u guys just like any excuse to have a get together and a good party lol we think of it as a hassle getting everyone together and getting them in one place and sorting food omg such a stress haha

I like this idea. No one I no has had a baby shower, isn't someone else supposed to plan it for u? I wud have to do my own. But yeah a cake revealing the gender during the shower wud be great

Traditionally somebody else is suppose to be organising the babyshower, but most people do it themselves lately. Also, it used to be for the first child, but nowadays most people do it for a second or a third baby. I totally agree on this, because it helps a lot since baby accesories are expensive and it's fun. I also believe that each child is important so each child should be celebrated. This is why I will have the gender reveal, because I am not sure about the babyshower. Think my MIL will suprise me again though, but not counting on it.

Yeah the etiquette is that someone throws a baby shower for you. So if/when my time comes, and someone offers to host (hopefully! I've hosted three baby showers for pregnant friends, fingers crossed someone steps up for me!), I might tell them about the cake/balloon idea and ask if they want it to be part of the shower. I can't imagine anyone saying no!!

We're being yellow next time, so our gender reveal will be at the birth...so no one else will witness...

We're being yellow next time, so our gender reveal will be at the birth...so no one else will witness...

I think we're going to hold out till the birth as well. I really don't have a preference if it's a boy or girl (will be both of ours 1st). Plus I can only handle so much pink if we find out it's a girl. :haha: I can see hosting a gender reveal for our #2 so no one feels pressured to throw us a shower, but we still get to celebrate. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->