Gender Reveal party

Kantny09

Reaction score
My husband and I want to have a gender reveal party and invite our family and friends. In the days of pinterest there are so many cute ideas that I can not wait to pick one and try! However, even though I know I will be happy with whatever my baby comes out to be and obviously I will be thankful for a healthy baby, deep down I would be lying if I didn't say I want a girl. And I am honestly afraid that if DH and I go into the gender reveal party not knowing the gender just like everyone else and we wind up having a boy my pregnancy hormone induced reaction will not be that great.

So would it be dumb to have DH and I find out the sex at the ultrasound and still have a gender reveal party with everyone else? That way I have a few days to adjust to whatever the results come out to be? Or is the point of the gender reveal party to have everyone find out at the same time?

I want to know before everyone else when I get to that point. I see it as "it's my baby and I have the right to know first ;)" I think I would keep it to myself and maybe one other person to help me set up the party. If you knew then you could focus on everyone else's reactions and the suspense leading up to it.

My SIL and her husband found out before the party.. And like you they wanted a girl but didn't want to se disappointed in front of people.

I definitely think you can do what you feel. Its your baby and your party :)

I actually think most parents know before the party. Just makes things easier.

Ok great! Thanks for the responses! I will talk to DH and just make sure he can keep it a secret! He is horrible at that!

We knew before the parties both times. Will for this one too. Easier to plan it! First we had cupcakes that I filled with pink icing, they had to bite into the cupcake to find out. For ds we had blue helium balloons wrapped in a box and when opening, the balloons floated up. With this one we want to do the black balloon filled with pink or blue confetti. :) everyone will know when you pop the balloon and the confetti floats down. <3. We find out in 2 wks.

We're thinking of maybe doing a family/close friend picnic where we'll announce the gender and I would want to know ahead of time to help plan and get any weird emotions out of the way lol

We are planning on having a gender reveal party, but also planning on finding out the gender because we want to treasure it until the party since we think this will be our last baby (unless things change in the future).

My husband and I want to have a gender reveal party and invite our family and friends. In the days of pinterest there are so many cute ideas that I can not wait to pick one and try! However, even though I know I will be happy with whatever my baby comes out to be and obviously I will be thankful for a healthy baby, deep down I would be lying if I didn't say I want a girl. And I am honestly afraid that if DH and I go into the gender reveal party not knowing the gender just like everyone else and we wind up having a boy my pregnancy hormone induced reaction will not be that great.

So would it be dumb to have DH and I find out the sex at the ultrasound and still have a gender reveal party with everyone else? That way I have a few days to adjust to whatever the results come out to be? Or is the point of the gender reveal party to have everyone find out at the same time?

Not at all! Thats exactly what my friend just did. They found out in the afternoon at the scan and then we all went round for cupcakes. Most of them were plain sponge but one was pink sponge inside - the person who found it got to tell everyone else the sex! It was so much fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"