Gender Reveal Party

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
Have you had one? Did you have a theme? What kinds of things did you do leading up to the reveal?

So exciting!! I had one with ds2. With had pink and blue decorations and a chalk board where people put a dash on it under what they thought baby could be. They also got a clothes pin that was painted pink or blue to wear so we could see everyone's guess. I had made dinner and it was just family and close friends. I had a cake made that told the gender inside. It was just a nice get together really with a nice surprise for everyone=)

Ours ended up being cancelled about two weeks before, which was a bummer. We were still deciding between doing silly spray and doing a pinata with gender colored wrapped candy inside. I also saw a thing on pinterest where you make a big poster board with all the old wive's tales and what your result is and have people vote. We were going to do that as well.

We ended up just taking a picture with a banner saying "It's a Girl!" DH and I already knew the gender, this would've been a reveal for family and friends.

We did a very small one with just close family, I ordered some lips and mustaches from etsy and attached them to blue and pink paper straws and had a chalkboard with everyone's guesses. We took a group photo with everyone holding up their guess (like photo props) before we let our girls open a decorated box with blue balloons :)

I want to do a little something... For my two children, the technician didn't want to write the gender for me (so that I could not know and open it with others) but I saw someone on my Facebook newsfeed do that and it's the same hospital, so they may have changed policies.

I plan on doing that and getting a cake done pink or blue (unknown by everyone, by giving the gender to the baker) and opening the cake with close family and friends. I like the idea of a picture with their prédictions too! Nice souvenir! :D

We're planning our gender reveal party right now. We're doing a "What will the baby bee?"/bumble bee theme. I ordered these scratch off cards from Etsy for the reveal. I'm going to prepare a lot of hors d'oeuvres and desserts. Some will incorporate the bee theme (honey garlic chicken bites, bumble bee sugar cookies), and some will not (cheese and crackers, veggies and dip). We'll also have beer and wine for everyone. We want it to be a fun get together for everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->