Gender reveal

mrsconte

Reaction score
So we have mad our appointment to find out the sex of our baby (June 16th) We threw a few ideas around on how to reveal it to our family. I feel like everything has been overdone. SO, with that being said...

We decided to buy 30 cans of silly string. We are going to hold a sign up that says "It's a..." and on the count of 3 we are going to let our family spray us! I thought this was a fun, unique way, and everyone will feel involved. What do you think? I am still open to suggestions or tweaking :)

How did you, or are you going to announce your baby's gender?

THANKS!

That sounds like an adorable way to announce!

I don't live near my family, we are a 6 hr drive away, and my gender scan will be in mid to late August, which will not be good timing to make a trip. I have thought about taking gender reveal photos though and posting them on FB. Having a gender reveal is something on my pregnancy bucket list that I've wanted to do as this will be my last.

I haven't decided what I will do yet though, I still have to look around for ideas.

That's a cute idea! My only suggestion is to do it somewhere that's easy to clean up lol

Thanks!!! I plan on doing it in front yard so we can just rake it up. Just a short....19 days left!! LOL TWW has nothing on this!! :)

Congratulations by the way! We live far away from family as well and with #1 DH didn't even want to find out, he wanted to stay team yellow. It took a lot of convincing to get him on board with finding out! His one stipulation was he wanted it to be special, just between the two of us. So, we had the u/s tech put the gender in an envelope and when we were ready I went to a local florist and gave them the envelope and asked them to put either a pink or a blue teddy bear in a box for us. (they threw in a free stuffed puppy too!)

My husband filmed me opening the box and finding out. I was SHOCKED (I was convinced we were having a boy, but found out it was a girl!) It was very special! We both started crying :) I sent the video to our families to share it with them. There were tears all around! I cry every time I watch it, even two years later!

Attachments

• 2013-05-03 16.55.14.jpg
    2013-05-03 16.55.14.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2014-05-04 00.24.30.jpg
    2014-05-04 00.24.30.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 11
So awesome !!! We did a gender reveal party with a giant (3ft black balloon) filled with pink confetti/glitter/sprinkles/flowers... it was so awesome!!! I loved it!!!
This time we will not find out until birth.. it's my pregnancy bucket list ;)... I want that special moment when they pull baby out and dad shouts what it is!!!! I can't wait!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->