Gender swaying?

From what I've learned from charting, I thought the day after O was completely unfertile? No? I may be wrong :haha:

Hi all! DH and I are planning a pink sway for this fall. We are going to follow Ingender. I never really knew about swaying but once I read the site I realized it's obvious why I got my two handsome guys :). I unknowingly swayed blue both times!

Oooo Please let us know how it goes for you luvmyfam :)

I haven't looked into charting yet, I'll start doing that closer to the time i think otherwise i may just confuse myself! :haha:

We'll be swaying for :pink: next time. We'd be happy with either gender as long as we have a happy and healthy bub and I love my little guy and would be thrilled to have another boy, but it would be lovely to have at least one girl and I would feel better for knowing that I at least gave it my best shot. We want three children, so my fingers are crossed that at least one of the next two children that we have ends up being a girl. :haha:

We unintentionally swayed for :blue: with DS (he was a happy accident), so we'll have to see how intentionally swaying for a girl works this next time. :blush:

We plan to use a BabyComp fertility monitor, though I'm not sure which gender swaying site we will be using.

We will be swaying for a girl in May! I will be doing the "girl diet" and trying to time bding to at least avoiding ovulation day and after. If I knew how to chary and wasn't confused with basal body tep and CM and placement and softness of the cervix ect.......confuses the crap out of me lol. So I will just start using the ovulation predictor tests next month each month and try to get the idea of when I ovulate then when it's time I will use them to avoid O. Also I read if you get OH to take a hot bath before nding it helps sway for girls, the heat supposedly kills a lot of the boy sperm and gives the girlies a better chance. It'll be fun trying anyway lol

Hi. I didn't sway for either of my girls ( never heard of it at those times) but according to the days we bd ( at ovulation) it should've been boy, and I have two girls! Also, the Chinese gender predictor was wrong for me both times too. ( I know someone mentioned that in here) I'm sure we all understand that these things don't guarantee you a certain gender, just increase the odds... And even then does it really increase the odds? Who knows!
One interesting thing I heard ( read maybe) was that guys sperm is biased. Not all men have 50% girls sperm 50% male sperm, it's biased to one more than the other (ex 65% girl, 45% male) not sure how true it is, but makes sense that its not perfectly 50/50. Something I never even thought about until I read it. Anyhow, just food for thought. Good luck to all you ladies! It is very interesting science....

Actually, you're right about that, Jules. Some guys are pretty much 50/50, but many of them actually produce more of one than the other. Genetics will generally tell you which one your guy probably leans toward (if he has all sisters then you're likely to get girls or vice versa if he has all brothers). My DF is probably about 50/50 though as he technically has three sisters (he only keeps in touch with one as the other two were from his father's previous marriage and they don't keep in contact with him) and two angel brothers (2nd trimester stillbirths). Women are actually also more receptive of one type of sperm or the other depending on their diet, which is why experts say that diet is the most important factor in gender swaying.

hi ladies we will be swaying for pink when we try after OH vas reversal which im praying goes ok!

mumof5 i noticed by your ticker your going through the same thing, im looking for new friends esp who are going through a reversal for support etc :) :)

im going to be taking vitex, and trying the LE diet, and other things ive read

good luck ladies :) :)

Actually, you're right about that, Jules. Some guys are pretty much 50/50, but many of them actually produce more of one than the other. Genetics will generally tell you which one your guy probably leans toward (if he has all sisters then you're likely to get girls or vice versa if he has all brothers). My DF is probably about 50/50 though as he technically has three sisters (he only keeps in touch with one as the other two were from his father's previous marriage and they don't keep in contact with him) and two angel brothers (2nd trimester stillbirths). Women are actually also more receptive of one type of sperm or the other depending on their diet, which is why experts say that diet is the most important factor in gender swaying.

thanks! its so interesting! (myhusband is 1 of 4 boys, he and his older brother both have 2 girls, so there are only grand daughters in the family) we will probably have a third child eventually/// would be nice for a son,but i love having girls,so im ok either way. i still kinda think its 50/50 which gender you end up with, but the theories are very interesting i think! good luck to those swaying, i hope it works!

Ooo thats a good piece of information.
My OH only has a sister but has 2 boys already so it'll be interesting to see what happens when we eventually get to try for another :)
I'll just be focusing more on the diet side of things more than anything I think & just go with the flow I don't want to put any pressure on us as I know that can hinder things.
Fingers crossed we all get healthy bubs when the time comes! :flower:

We swayed loosely, mostly did the girl diet and took certain sups.
It worked though :)

What sups did you take, Teacup? I'd love to know as I'd like to do whatever I can so that if I end up with another boy I can just shrug it of and say "Oh well, there's always next time and if it happens again then I guess I was just meant to be a mommy to three gorgeous princes" instead of "Dammit, I should have tried harder" and feeling a bit of gender disappointment for a while.

We would love a boy first, so we are going to try a little bit of swaying-though my partner's diet is already leaning more towards boy so we are hopeful that we will be team blue when the time comes without having to change much. Either way, what will be will be so if a little girl happens to be first we would not mind.

Aww, FXed for your first bump to be :blue:, Mari! :flower:

I'm really glad that I had a little boy first. They're so special and I know that he is going to make an excellent big brother (and frankly if I were to have all of one gender I would rather it be boys than girls). <3

Boys are also easier to sway for as there are generally slightly more boys born than girls each year.

I can't exactly remember now!
I think I made DH take cranberry and I did too and calcium citrate.
I also skipped breakfast and ate pretty healthy.
Hot bath for DH before dtd and dtd only on certain cycle days (3 days before and one day after O I think?)

Though now we have one of each everyone says "are you stopping now" or "don't need anymore now!"
Really gets my goat :haha:

Hehe, I plan to have three whether #2 is a girl or not. A lot of people are judgmental that way when people have one of each and the couple still wants more children. Hell, people have given me weird looks for wanting more when we have a boy! They're like "Why would you need more kids? You had a boy to pass the name along and you'll never have another one as easy as him, you got so lucky. Why not stop at one?". It drives me nuts. :roll:

I don't think it's anyone's business how many children you have :)
I have always wanted two & my OH is getting on a bit and doesn't want to be an "old dad" :haha:

My OH has cranberry stuff so thats good :)
We bought a blender over the weekend so i can start making smoothies, soups & milkshakes so i'll be having a lot more fruit & icecream lol
:flower:

those of you wanting a girl, this sounds really funny and im sorry if its been mentioned already and ive missed but have any of you heard of the "hump and dump" way lol

basically you do the deed but if you want pink, DONT lie with your legs up after sex, just get up and get on with things, have a bath etc, apparently it encourages a more female swimmers environment...

its quite a coincidence to me because I kept my legs up after sex for 20 mins to half an hour with all three of my boys, so im definitely not do it next time, anythings worth a try lol....xxx

Hmm, I don't think I've heard of that one. However, I have heard that it's best to have your SO release as close to the entrance of the vagina as possible while still being inside, so I suppose it makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->