mickey

Reaction score
at our 20-weeks-scan the sonographer said he assumes a girl but he is not entirely sure!

I would like to ask you guys, whether you where given a definite statement about the gender of the baby!

and what you think, how likely it is we are going to have a girl!

somehow, an inner voice is telling me that we will have a surprise at birth :winkwink:

I don't think it's possible to ever be givin a definite answer on those scans?? could be wrong though. People have been told they're having a girl/boy, only to see the opposite sex on the day!!

We were told at 20 weeks that we were having a girl (she thought). Luckily though, I was booked in for another scan (at about 21-22 weeks) and a different sonographer said girl again. Then we had a 4d scan later on, she said it was a girl too! so there wasn't much doubt in my mind.

Maybe get a 4d scan if you were thinking of one anyway? they're lovely and I think it's a little clearer to see.

They say on the letters they issue that if you are wishing to find out the gender its never garunteed.

When I went for mine they said they were pretty certain its a girl but they cant give a definate answer.

I know as well I had to have 2 scans at 20 weeks cos they couldnt get a heart scan at my first one so i had to go back a week later and the second sonographer also said shes pretty sure its a girl.

i got told its def like a boy, but he was practically swinging it round in circes to the MW :rofl: even i seen he was def a boy!

At our 20 week scan, she said that she didn't want to commit to naming the gender, BUT pointed out a bulge, and said that it could be a boy.

So I have no idea, my husband thinks it's a boy, but I don't have a 'feeling' at all of what it is. Guess we'll just find out at the end.

I don't think it's possible to ever be givin a definite answer on those scans?? could be wrong though. People have been told they're having a girl/boy, only to see the opposite sex on the day!!

We were told at 20 weeks that we were having a girl (she thought). Luckily though, I was booked in for another scan (at about 21-22 weeks) and a different sonographer said girl again. Then we had a 4d scan later on, she said it was a girl too! so there wasn't much doubt in my mind.

Maybe get a 4d scan if you were thinking of one anyway? they're lovely and I think it's a little clearer to see.

we went for a 4D-scan last sunday!

but they wanted to have extra money for every additional question.

they didn't tell us the gender as we didn't pay for it, although I tried and asked :winkwink:

let's see...

we went for a 4D-scan last sunday!

but they wanted to have extra money for every additional question.

they didn't tell us the gender as we didn't pay for it, although I tried and asked :winkwink:

let's see...
Thats tight, which company did you go to if you don't mind me asking?

I went private ... and it wasn't a gender scan they asked me woudl I want to know the sex incase the referred to him or her - I already knew and told her confirmation would be great but basically I'd have been told if I didn't know!

At the hospital 20 week scan the lady was 100% sure but still had to sign a piece of paper to confirm I wanted to know & I think the fact if they are wrong they are not at fault blah!

Thats tight, which company did you go to if you don't mind me asking?

that was babypremier

we paid £95 for a 4D-bonding-scan which was mainly focused on facial expressions (baby was asleep though :baby:)
for every additional information, like gender, weight, size etc. we would have had to pay extra

that was babypremier

we paid £95 for a 4D-bonding-scan which was mainly focused on facial expressions (baby was asleep though :baby:)
for every additional information, like gender, weight, size etc. we would have had to pay extra
Oh ok

We had a similar package, one of the most expensive ones though as I didn't want to miss out. Whilst it IS an amazing experience, I couldn't help but feel a little ripped off at the end!

So when you go in for the ultrasound do you have to tell them before you go in that you want to find out the gender??? or can you ask when you get in there? Im just wondering because my mom and OH wil be there and I dont want them to know..

Ours was you just could upgrade the basic package of £95 as you want and feel like within the session!

I def wanted to have CD with pics or DVD with movie!

As we could choose afterwards and since baby was asleep (therefore not so much of filmstar movements :baby:) we just got the CD as the movie would not have been worth it!

I'm sure they do a envelope type of thing for the gender as well if your mom and OH should not know 'bout.

ok perfect.. I just want to keep it a secret while I think of a clever way to break the news.. I want it to be unforgettable :) My mom already thinks (or sorry.."knows") it's a boy LOL so we will see :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"