MummyJade

Mum
Reaction score
Hello :flower:

Just wondering who was finding out the sex of baby when the time comes or staying yelllow team?

Also would you be telling people if you know boy or girl, or will you keep it a secret?

I wanna stay yellow, but i dunno if i am strong enough, so i thought maybe ask the person doing it to write in down and pop into into an envelope in case we change our minds.. I dont think i would tell people the sex of baby even if we know..

x

We found and with DD and told everyone, and will probably do the same next time round.

I'm far too curious a person to not know although I have thought about if we'd tell everyone else. I'd love to have a little part of pregnancy that isn't public knowledge but I'm also too dim a person and would probably slip up :rofl:

We found and with DD and told everyone, and will probably do the same next time round.

I'm far too curious a person to not know although I have thought about if we'd tell everyone else. I'd love to have a little part of pregnancy that isn't public knowledge but I'm also too dim a person and would probably slip up :rofl:

:rofl: That bit made me giggle!!

Yeah I found out with my daughter and told everyone, but I also think alot of people wanna know just to be nosy so they can tell people like a gossip...

I do like the thought of not knowing or not having people knowing... I think 9 months of not knowing would drive me potty... I dunno if OH wants to find out not asked him yet!

x

With my daughter I wanted to find out but not tell anyone but OH said no to keeping it a secret. So we stayed team yellow and will be doing with the next one.

im not gonig to find out i really want it to be a suprise. i always think its funny when people find out but keep it secret - surely no one else is quite a fussed as you. (also i totally couldnt keep it a secret if i knew). i see the practicalities of finding out but i just want to wait - which is funny becauase im terrible with suprises and usualyl ruin them for myself. i dont think DH wants to know either but will probably let me decide - it will give me something to push for when labour comes...

I would love to be able to spend 9 months not knowing but i think as soon as they ask i will cave... i asked how sure was she when i had 20 weeks scan for my daughter and she said 97% sure.. so i was like tell me... If they couldnt tell me due to baby being led in a difficult position i think i would be happy cos then i would have no choice not knowing...

I think the reason i wouldnt tell people, is because alot of people only care for the gossip and so they can tell other people oh so and so is having a.... i seen it happen with my daughter and other people... scared they are missing out...

x

I would love a surprise but I am so impatient I probably couldn't wait. My boyfriend 100% wants a surprise though!

I would love to be able to spend 9 months not knowing but i think as soon as they ask i will cave... i asked how sure was she when i had 20 weeks scan for my daughter and she said 97% sure.. so i was like tell me... If they couldnt tell me due to baby being led in a difficult position i think i would be happy cos then i would have no choice not knowing...

I think the reason i wouldnt tell people, is because alot of people only care for the gossip and so they can tell other people oh so and so is having a.... i seen it happen with my daughter and other people... scared they are missing out...

x

My hospital doesent ask you if you want to know, you have to ask them

I'm really impatient, so I'd have to know. I don't think I would tell everyone though, just close friends and family.

Everyone else (i.e facebook world) can find out when the baby comes what the sex and name is!

I've actually already asked dh this and he says we can find out :happydance:

We'll tell people if they want to know, but if they want a surprise then we'll try not to mention :)

x

My hospital doesent ask you if you want to know, you have to ask them

Really, its weird how all are different, my lady asked once she seen the sex... x

I'm really impatient, so I'd have to know. I don't think I would tell everyone though, just close friends and family.

Everyone else (i.e facebook world) can find out when the baby comes what the sex and name is!

Yeah I have decided not to tell facebook at 12 weeks, people who matter will know and i wont be putting scans/baby pics (once born) up either...

I dont tell anyone names not even my parents... x

I will 100% want to know what I'm having next time :)

I didn't get to find out with my first as he was in awkward position and the sonographer couldn't make out what he was, I was kinda disappointed but it was a lovely surprise as I really really wanted a lil boy!

Next time I don't mind, I'm leaning more towards another boy and it would be great for my son plus I really don't know what to do with a girl lol, as long as baby is healthy and well then I'm good x

Oh and yes, once I find out I will let family and friends know, really don't see the point in knowing and keeping it to yourself BUT that's just me.

I think I want to find out. But I go back and forth. :haha: Because I also like the idea of a surprise at the end of labour, all that effort and pain, maybe a surprise would be more rewarding than a known outcome? If my husband has a strong opinion, that might win the day.

I would like to leave it a surprise I think for the first one anyway and then next one find out.

I will def want to know...and I will probably have a gender reveal party. This way people know what to buy for the baby shower and stuff...

I dont think I could wait!

We are definitely finding out. I am one of those people who needs to feel prepared and finding out the gender would be great help lol. Having the nursery ready and the name, having gender appropriate items at the baby shower are things I wouldn't be able to give up. Thankfully OH feels the same way so I don't have to worry there.

I'm the same as the others who like the idea of staying team yellow but realistically wouldnt cope with not knowing! If we do find out, then I would tell family and close friends what we were having BUT one thing i will not be divulging to ANYONE before the birth is the name we've chosen - we've been bitten in the past when saying names we liked for future children. xx

As the next will be our last one we have decided that we're not going to find out the sex & wait until the baby's born that way no one will know before me & my OH, as for names we're just going to wait till near the end like we did with Isaac :haha:
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"