general rant (car seats, in-laws etc)

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by PepsiChic, Apr 5, 2011.

1. PepsiChic

PepsiChic mummy of 2 boys!

ARGH!

went round to MIL's to pay rent and she was at work but had to let LO spend some time with his great-grandma. no problem i dont mind an hour there.

but as we went to leave FIL got up and said i gotta pick up the kids and left before we could say anything...now great-grandma cant be left alone she has been collapasing recently. he knows this and MIL is suppose to get home soon so although a bit annoyed that we have to stay another 30 minutes as LO was now due his feed and nap we stayed...2 hours later FIL with kids and MIL all turned up...they decided to stop at mc donalds on the way home and have dinner!

god i was furious! and then MIL got all pissed off because i didnt want to hang around and let HER play with LO who was now crying and overtired.

ok thats the first rant (needless to say overtired baby refused to nap so hes still awake although a bit less cranky now in our own home and eating his dinner)

second rant god damnc ar seat! i love the car seat we bought. its great, its comfy and ERF and was a bargin at just $135...

my DH moved it to get something off the floorboard and then left me to put it back in and its NOT a one person job and now i cant get the damn thing in properly so that the level indicator is "entirely int he green area" like the book says. and me having OCD i cant let it be not entirely int he green area because thats what the book says!!! its almost completely int he green area but its not and now its driving me up the wall and ive spent the last hour outside trying tod o it by myself and when i finally give up and come inside DH says "did you have a nice walk?"

WALK?!?!?! WHAT F***ING WALK?!?!

ARGH!

2. kawaiigirl

kawaiigirl Mummy of 2!

OMG! I get your frustration!! Couldn't help have a chuckle at your hubby thinking you'd went for a walk! Men eh?!?! X

3. sjminimac

sjminimac Well-Known Member

:shock: :gun: grr to oh for leaving you like that and not even bringing you back a milkshake or anything :grr: and not sure what to say about the car seat green thing, other than leave it for a bit, deep breaths, get oh to help fit it properly then go to the drive through for you! Seriously though, that first bit was really inconsiderate :hugs: xx

4. mummy2jack

mummy2jack Well-Known Member

firstly i have to apologise, i proper laughed out load with your last bit!!

Can you not get oh to help you with it? or leave it for a while, and go back and have another look later.
    Hope you feel better after your rant lol :hugs:

5. PepsiChic

oh no OH didnt go get mcdonalds, FIL did and ment me OH and LO were now stuck int he house cause we couldnt leave great-grandma but we wanted to go home, and instead of coming back with the kids he met up with MIL and they all went off to mcdonalds and didnt tell us so we ended up waiting 2 hours for them to get back to the house just so we could leave and go home!

as for the car seat, ive just left it for the moment, will get OH to help me with it tomorrow, dont want the stress and whatnot because according to him it being partially int he green bit is fine yet the book says it must eb entirely in the green bit and well yeah i refused to let it go until i had done it...instead the car seat is on its side int he back seat of the car!

6. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

Ugh that would have pissed me off too!!

As for the car seat, which one do you have? The level on MOST seats is for 45 degrees which is what a newborn needs to be at, but older infants and toddlers can be between 30-35 degrees (depending on the car seat) so you are more than likely just fine :)

7. angel2010

angel2010 Cart & Emma's mom, 1mc

Sorry Kirsty, but I had to laugh a little too. OHs, what can you say?-:dohh:
    And I would be seriously pissed at FIL too, that was really messed up.

8. PepsiChic

i have the graco myride65, it has a level indicator on the side, and basically theres redgreenred squares and the ball has to be in the green square.

9. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

Yeah that indicator is for a newborn recline...the graco myride can be up to 30 degrees for a baby that is able to sit unsupported and control their head, all of that. Do you have an iphone or another smart phone? You can download a free level on there and park on flat ground, install it and check the angle, as long as it isn't more upright than 30 degrees and is of course installed tightly it's safe. You only need that indicator for a really young baby at 8mo he should be just fine more upright :)

Though if it makes you feel better, rather than trusting me on it, try checking out car-seat.org and asking some techs on there about the install or you can call Graco directly and speak with them about what angles are ok for that seat.

Hope you can get it back in there correctly!! :)

10. PepsiChic

thankyou! dont have an i[hone...my husband has a smartphone though so will find an application.

might give graco a call as well.

you are a star!