genetic traits you are happy to pass on to your children

LoolaBear

3 On Earth 1 in Heaven
Reaction score
just a little fun thread to discuss things that you or your partner have that you would like to pass on to your future LO's.

Most of the traits my LO's have received are from their dad's side of the family but physically they look like my side of the family (so the colourings are from him, the features (nose, lips, face shape etc) are from me)

now I would love for my next child (being my last) to have a couple of my traits that i love.

My eyes for example - I have central Heterochromia (a completely different colour that circles the pupil to the rest of the iris) and in dim light the mix of this Hazel colour and my usual eye colour makes my eyes look green, but if i take a photo of my eyes up close they are actually grey.

I would love my next child to have some form of heterochromia as i love different eye colours. but if i couldn't pass that gene onto him/her i would love for them to have the grey of my eyes. all three of my LO's have blue eyes so it would be nice to have a LO with my eye colour lol.

that is the only genetic trait of mine i would love to pass one.

if you could choose what genetics would you like to give your future LO's?

My singing voice. I'm a good singer. DF is literally the worst singer I've ever met. Tone deaf.

My singing voice. I'm a good singer. DF is literally the worst singer I've ever met. Tone deaf.

:rofl: that's brilliant!

I'm not a brilliant singer but i can hold a tone. like you the OH is tone deaf

DS has DH's eye colour - light blue. when pregnant, i kept saying over and over how i hoped DS would have those eyes. they are just my favorite!

i also wanted DS to have my rhythm, and he totally does! he's just started a dance class to enhance those skills :D i also wanted DS to be able to sing nicely and it seems like he will have a "nice" singing voice, he can hold a tune well. he looks very much like a perfect mix of DH and i, and that is perfect for me.

if we ever have a girl, i want her to have all the things listed above for DS but maybe for her to look a little more like me...LOL...i don't think i want a bearded lady for a daughter. unless of course she chooses to be one when she grows up. haha

Hmmm I hope they get his ears and mouth, but my nose and chin. :haha: Very specific!

We are both average height and stocky, with brown curly hair and brown eyes and chubby cheeks, so our babies don't have too much choice in those departments. Although we both have a blue-eyed parent so there is a 1 in 4 chance of a blue-eyed throw back!

I hope our LO's get my skin and OH's calm nature.

OH just wants them to like cars!... Im pretty easy going... My daughter is perfect (too me of course)... I would like them to have my OHs eyes as I love them! X

I think my LO got everything I would have wanted him to have, he got my eyes, DH's calm nature, the only two things he got which I wouldn't like the next one to have is DH's nose and my temper :haha:

Haha, my husband would love for our kids to share his love of cars, too!

I like my blonde hair/dark brown eyes combo, so I would be stoked to have at least one of our kids share that with me :) My husband has these really pretty light brown, almost honey colored eyes, and curly hair that would be beautiful in our children as well! His mom, brother and sister all have pretty blue eyes, and my mom and sister both have gorgeous pale green eyes, so I think our kids will win the eye lottery no matter what, haha! I am short and my husband is tall (almost a foot taller than me!), so I hope that at least one of them get his height.

I also hope that our children inherit our intelligence and drive for success.

Haha, my husband would love for our kids to share his love of cars, too!

I like my blonde hair/dark brown eyes combo, so I would be stoked to have at least one of our kids share that with me :) My husband has these really pretty light brown, almost honey colored eyes, and curly hair that would be beautiful in our children as well! His mom, brother and sister all have pretty blue eyes, and my mom and sister both have gorgeous pale green eyes, so I think our kids will win the eye lottery no matter what, haha! I am short and my husband is tall (almost a foot taller than me!), so I hope that at least one of them get his height.

I also hope that our children inherit our intelligence and drive for success.

I am a motorbike girl (Dad is a biker) so we have had a few talks about it! ha! I love eye colours, my daughters go from a clear bright blue to a deep dark blue... OH is nearly a foot taller too, so the height must be a good one x

I'd like out children to have a mixture of my height and the OH's height. He is 6ft 6 and I'm 5ft 4. So somewhere in between would be perfect!!!

I don't want my children to have his fear of failure because it causes him stress and holds him back.

I'd like them to have my love for all (I'm vegetarian - won't enforce this on them, will wait for them to make their own decisions later in life). I'm caring, polite and think of others first.

I want them to have a love of books like both me and my OH.

Probably my OH's looks and physique...(I put on weight too easily!)

Physically, I'd love for my kids to have my eye color, and my husband's body type. He eats all the time and stays in great shape with no effort. That probably has a lot to do with his disposition too though, he hates sitting around. I think we both have nice enough hair and face shapes. He has wonderful, long eyelashes that I hope our kids get, but I hope my butt gets passed down, since hubs doesn't have one :haha:

I don't really want my kids to look like me at all, except have a bit of meat on their bones. Oh is very tall and skinny (6 foot, 125lbs). I'm short and curvy (5'3, 150, all boobs). Otherwise, they can have everything of OH. He's kind, patient, talented, smart, funny, and handsome.

Oh, he does have severe ADD and for my sake, I hope it skips our kids. Good lord, he drives me nuts!

I guess if I had to pick, at least one can have my lips and eyes, but his smile.

My eyes, for sure. They're basically the one feature I have I like.

Definitely his eyes! Pretty much 100% sure they would have lovely blue eyes, as all four grand parents, both parents, and both of our siblings, plus both his nieces have sky blue eyes! His eyes are much bigger than mines and he has amazing eyelashes whereas mines are short, fine and straight.
I have a button nose whereas my boyfriend has a really normal, perfect nose, so both are nice. I would like a boy to have his and a girl to have mines!
Definitely my teeth. My teeth are perfect - they are really white, naturally straight, and I have never even needed a filling or any dental work at all. My boyfriends teeth are much poorer!
Hair wise, we are both really similar but his is thicker, so I guess he wins there (he would disagree though)
We are both quite small framed, but I am more average for my gender so I guess we would go with me there again.
Skin tone wise, definitely him. I give Casper a run for his money! My boyfriend takes a great colour (although with ny colouring I wouldn't risk letting my kid tan)
Oh, and my motivation, but with his logic. We are both quite intelligent, but he doesn't have the motivation to do anything about it.

I hope our kids have my guys smile. its not just his smile though, his eyes make it 10 times better. its like his whole face is smiling and its so perfect. his eyes are a beautiful deep light blue and mine are a dark green hazel color, either would be perfect. we are both shorter, im
5'2 and he is 5'5 but both of our siblings and parents are taller so im sure our kids will out grow us :) I hope our children get his personality. he is so loving and happy all the time. we are both givers and very compassionate, we both agree that we are to sensitive. I hope they get his energetic attitude and my easy going lifestyles. I hope they get my adventurous interests and his concentration and both of our determination. they will be perfect. :)

-blonde hair/blue eyes combo
-great metabolism
-nerd-dom a love for star wars, lord of the rings, video games, and comics

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back