GERD/Reflux

SonnyH

Reaction score
Hello :)

I just wondered if any of you had any experience on ranitidine/Zantac for GERD/severe heartburn. I've suffered all my life with reflux and stomach acid problems but for the last year or so, it had calmed down a lot and I managed it with gaviscon when needed. Previously, I've spent a lot of time on Lanzoprazole which worked a treat.

It didn't come as a huge surprise that it's all flared back up in pregnancy but my doctor wanted me to try Ranitidine before omeprazole, although both are considered safe by the NHS. I've been taking it for a week now and if anything my symptoms are getting worse! Does it take a while for Ranitidine to start working? Do I need to give it a couple weeks to build up in my system? I don't like to keep going back to the doctors for no reason but I'm struggling with the pain and coughing up acid half the night! :(

Thanks for any info!

I personally found in first tri that notging helped except sucking boiled mints if it got so bad it was making me heave. Think mine was due to thecsmooth muscle relaxing rather than things being too acidic which is what common remedies/meds treat. Hope you find a solution that works for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"