Geritol Testers

So what does this exactly do any side effects is it safe

Hi Sunflower82...
Welcome to our little group. :flower:

I did a search for info on Geritol and some good info is below..
The only side effct I've had (aside from the dry heaves from the taste :haha:) is constipation. Iron will do that to you. I've also read that if you are taking geritol, you may want to skip other vitamins. Too much of certain vitamins aren't good for you.
I'm not 100% sure this will give me a BFP but what's the harm in trying, ya know? I've tried Fertile Aid, Vitex, and Red Raspberry Leaf. All they did was screw up my cycle in a MAJOR way. So I'm willing to give this a go for a little while.

Geritol Basics
Geritol is a branded series of complex multivitamin supplements with added iron that GlaxoSmithKline manufactures and markets. It comes in either a liquid tonic or a tablet. The iron content in the tablets is either 9.5 mg or 16 mg. The tonic contains 18 mg of iron.
Geritol and Fertility
Rumors have circulated for many years claiming that Geritol helps women get pregnant. A grass-roots slogan for the product was that it "has a baby in every bottle!" But, is it true? The official response from the product's manufacturer says: "There is no evidence that Geritol can increase fertility and we don't make that claim. We're not sure how the rumor started, but there's no truth to it."

There is evidence, though, that iron supplements do increase a woman's ability to conceive. A study published in 2006 by Harvard School of Public Health and affiliated hospitals concluded that women who consumed iron supplements had a significantly lowered risk of ovulatory infertility than those same women who did not use iron supplements. According to Dr. Lawrence Jay Rappaport, iron supplements such as Geritol improve the character of a woman's cervical mucus and thus improve the chances of conception. Yet, if iron is the key ingredient, most physicians will tell you that taking a prescribed or even over-the-counter prenatal vitamin, such as PrimaCare, Rainbow Light or Solgar Prenatal, are far better than taking Geritol. That's because these items contain not only all the essential vitamins and minerals specially formulated for ovulating and pregnant women, but they contain higher amounts of iron, too.

Message board entries fill the Internet, however, from women who swear they became pregnant after taking Geritol over a period of time. Most experts will agree that simply taking Geritol alone won't help a woman get pregnant, but it is better than not taking any supplement at all. Without any definitive studies to refute or prove the claim, Geritol's effect on fertility remains just an Internet wives' tale.
Geritol and Pregnancy
Geritol's effect on fertility is still in contention, with no scientific evidence to prove its influence on conception, but it may be useful after a woman conceives. Pregnant women are subject to nutritional deficiencies and may need supplements to increase their health and the health of their child. Most doctors agree that a good prenatal tablet with sufficient iron along with a proper diet and exercise are all that is needed during pregnancy.

Geritol is simply a multivitamin containing iron and it satisfies a pregnant woman's need for a supplement. But most prenatal tablets, either those by prescription or over-the-counter, will contain, on average, 10 to 12 mg more iron than Geritol. Like most supplements or medications, it is up to each pregnant woman and her doctor to come up with the best supplement regimen that fits her needs. Many supplements can have various side effects and some pregnant women may tolerate Geritol better than a prenatal tablet.

Ladies AF showed yesterday, i might have started too late in my cycle but hey on to a new cycle!! :dust: to everyone!!

Hey ladies...
Well I thought I had it this time. I had no symptoms of AF's pending arrival like I normally do. Usually I have extremely full and sore boobs about a week before it arrives... not this time. I was extremely tired all the time, nausea would come and go.... the occasional hot flash and headaches. Then AF was late! I started to get a little excited. Then she was 2 days late. I figured if she was still not here by Sunday, I would test.
She showed up this afternoon. I'm really kind of heart broken and I feel a little dumb for getting excited. But the signs were there!!!
I guess its still not my time. But geez its been almost 2yrs!!! When will it be my time?!
Thanks for letting me vent...

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the late reply, my mother in law is in critical condition in hospital.

I've been taking geritol for around a month now, the liquid kind and dont see much difference.

AF was due yesterday though and shes never late!

Could be stress though...

Bex

Hi Ladies! I'm new here so i'm kinda late but I am taking the Geritol as well, it been 4 days now! It made my cycle come on so far, I also notice that I have a lot more energy... I praying this works with my PCOS!... baby dust to all of you♥♥♥

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the late reply, my mother in law is in critical condition in hospital.

I've been taking geritol for around a month now, the liquid kind and dont see much difference.

Bex

good luck Becksies! Keep us posted! FX'd for you love!
Also, praying for your mother in law and hope she pulls through. :hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies,

Bex

Thank you Izzy, big news there WAS a baby in the bottom of my bottle, the positive couldn't be more clear on the tests! :happydance:

Hope it works for you, if not then try the fertility monitor, I'm positive that helped the most!

I've just ordered some, I have problems taking multi vitamins - they give me really bad cramps so I'm just hoping tonic might be a little kinder.

Hi Becksies, congratulations on your BFP. I just heard of geritol for the first time yesterday and i've been thread stalking since. I noticed you bought some and used it. was it the same cycle you got your BFP? What dosage did you take and what amount did it come in? Where did you buy yours from I'm struggling to get some in the UK. The only ones i've seen are on amazon and they seem to cost a fortune compared to the US prices i've seen. Am i missing something. Mind you if using geritol means i'll have a baby for sure, i'd buy it even for £1000....lol
Have a happy and healthy 9months hun x

I tried Geritol complete last month after trying to conceive since February! Missed my period yesterday, took and test this morning and I'm pregnant! There is some truth to it!

I tried Geritol complete last month after trying to conceive since February! Missed my period yesterday, took and test this morning and I'm pregnant! There is some truth to it!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: BIG CONGRATULATION!!!!!!! TO YOU BLESSED305 I'm soooooo happy for you and your family.. :cloud9::cloud9: wishing you a happy healthy 9 months and more

when did you ladies start taking geritol? and how much sex did you have (sorry if thats TMI)

Hi Ladies! I'm sorry to hear about the BFN's! And congrats to the BFP's!!

I started taking geritol on CD 2 or 3. I'm on CD 7. I plan on taking the liquid tonic until ovulation next weekend. It has 12% alcohol and I'm not sure if I should be taking it in case conception occurs. I was thinking about going back to the prenatals during the second half of my cycle...I'm not sure if I'm supposed to take the geritol every day until AF or BFP.

I figured it can't hurt to try it this month and if not keep trying to be patient...which is SOOOOO HARD!!

:dust:

Hi Ladies,

Bex

Thank you Izzy, big news there WAS a baby in the bottom of my bottle, the positive couldn't be more clear on the tests! :happydance:

Hope it works for you, if not then try the fertility monitor, I'm positive that helped the most!

Big congrats lady!

I've just ordered some, I have problems taking multi vitamins - they give me really bad cramps so I'm just hoping tonic might be a little kinder.

Hi Becksies, congratulations on your BFP. I just heard of geritol for the first time yesterday and i've been thread stalking since. I noticed you bought some and used it. was it the same cycle you got your BFP? What dosage did you take and what amount did it come in? Where did you buy yours from I'm struggling to get some in the UK. The only ones i've seen are on amazon and they seem to cost a fortune compared to the US prices i've seen. Am i missing something. Mind you if using geritol means i'll have a baby for sure, i'd buy it even for £1000....lol
Have a happy and healthy 9months hun x

Hi Fertilicious,

First of all thanks for the well wishes. I started taking Geritol around CD2 when it arrived and it was the cyclee I got my bfp. It comes in a 354ml bottle and I took the recommended dose (it comes with a measuring cap), I got it from amazon, think it was around £20. I did quite a few things different this month, I used conceive plus and Clear Blue's fertility monitor.

Sorry I cant pinpoint which one worked.

Lots of baby dust coming your way love, good luck :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"