Gestational Complications Forum

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Hi,

All expectant mothers worry about the possibility of complications during pregnancy, and while we hope your pregnancy goes smoothly things occasionally can go wrong.
This forum is open to all 3 trimesters. We will be actively moving threads on this subject from the trimester areas in an effort to put those affected in touch with others who are experiencing the same thing but are further along in their pregnancy. While we understand that members tend to stick to their relevant trimester areas we hope this new forum will help provide extra support to those that need it (obviously the forum is also open to well wishers but it is primarily to help put members in touch with others 'in the know').

We feel that putting these cases in one forum may help to filter out some of the 'noise' of the general forums and help you to feel less anxious.

Regards,
The BnB Team

--
Please note: Our usual forum rules still apply to this forum. This isn't the right place to discuss the cessation of certain complications. There will be another area for this.

Brilliant idea! so glad that everything has been resolved and an alternitive place for mums who have complications during there pregnancy and have had to decide to let there LO's go due to complications ect.

Well done bnb team :thumbup:

Brilliant idea! so glad that everything has been resolved and an alternitive place for mums who have complications during there pregnancy and have had to decide to let there LO's go due to complications ect.

That's not what this forum is about :|

That's not what this forum is about :|

:dohh:

I thought it was with all the recent things going on about mummytokian having nowhere to go

Can i get away with saying my stupidness is down to my pregnancy brain? :haha:

Would i be right in saying its for people who are facing complications in there pregnancy like anything from gestational diabeties too something being wrong with LO??

Please say i bloody got it right second time round :rofl:

Sounds about right to me... anyone who is experiencing pregnancy related complications. I have complications this time around and had them last time which resulted in our son's death at 37 weeks, just 8 hours after delivery. I sure hope this forum helps anyone going through any complications :) This is a great idea as I didn't feel right posting in the still birth sections as my son wasn't born still, and we decided to remove him from life support as he wasn't going to make it regardless. I feel much better having this forum here for sure.

I dunno if i am suited for this forum... At 16weeks we got told we are high risk for down syndrome but refused the amnio just had a detailed scan at 16 weeks then at 21 weeks. Although during both scans they didnt say if they noticed anything wrong ect?? if there was something visibly wrong would they have told us? and also if our baby did have downs would they be able to spot stuff on the ultrasound? x

Would i be right in saying its for people who are facing complications in there pregnancy like anything from gestational diabeties too something being wrong with LO??

Yep, Gestational diabetes, Obstetric cholestasis, Placental abruption, Placenta praevia, Polyhydramnios, Pre-eclampsia, Ectopic pregnancy or fetal abnormalities etc. Anything like that :)

Sounds about right to me... anyone who is experiencing pregnancy related complications. I have complications this time around and had them last time which resulted in our son's death at 37 weeks, just 8 hours after delivery. I sure hope this forum helps anyone going through any complications :) This is a great idea as I didn't feel right posting in the still birth sections as my son wasn't born still, and we decided to remove him from life support as he wasn't going to make it regardless. I feel much better having this forum here for sure.

I'm sorry to hear that hun :hug: Don't get me wrong, some complications do end in a tragic loss after birth. That section is for neonatal losses too and certainly fits your circumstance. The 'please note' on my post was more discussion of 'Should I, shouldn't I' before birth :)

Okay i am so chuffed about this section now as i hope to get in touch with some other mums/pregnant girls who have been put high risk for down syndrome as i need alot of questions answered :)

Yep, Gestational diabetes, Obstetric cholestasis, Placental abruption, Placenta praevia, Polyhydramnios, Pre-eclampsia, Ectopic pregnancy or fetal abnormalities etc. Anything like that :)

I'm sorry to hear that hun :hug: Don't get me wrong, some complications do end in a tragic loss after birth. That section is for neonatal losses too and certainly fits your circumstance. The 'please note' on my post was more discussion of 'Should I, shouldn't I' before birth :)

It all sounds good to me! I sure hope we all can find people to help and give advice and support through this forum! :D Thanks to BNB for making it!

So can i post in here or not im confused? or i can post in here as long as i dont mention the choice ive made?
:wacko:

So can i post in here or not im confused? or i can post in here as long as i dont mention the choice ive made?
:wacko:

You can post in here about anything you want (complications wise). The decision you've made is ultimately something that is very personal to you. If you want to talk about it please wait until we make the new forum live (it's currently hidden while we make sure it's setup properly).

Thankyou and im sorry for putting u in this situation.

Are we allowed to talk here about medical problems/complications not necessarily related to the pregnancy but which make pregnancy/delivery more risky?

I love that this is here. I've had questions before and I find they get bumped down really fast over questions over onesies and such, and while those things are important, I'd really liek to reach other moms with some of the complications and fears I have had.

Are we allowed to talk here about medical problems/complications not necessarily related to the pregnancy but which make pregnancy/delivery more risky?

Yes. This section covers from day 1 right up to birth and anything inbetween that may be a health factor (both yours and your baby).

maybe we should move our hyperemesis support thread to this section too...

maybe we should move our hyperemesis support thread to this section too...

Yes by all means :) we haven't had time to go through and find any related threads yet, but post the link here and we'll sort that out :)

here it is :)
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-club/131902-hyperemesis-sufferers-unite-87.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->