• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Gestational diabetes

Wannabe Mommy

Pregnant FTM
Reaction score
Hello

I was diagnosed last week and started testing my sugars 2 hrs after every meal from Thursday this week.

Had to test 20 mind early today as was leaving the house and didn't want to test on the bus and my result was over the limit. Does 20 mins make a big difference?

i dont think 20mins makes much of a difference to be honest, i have to test one and half hours after meals, its like when i test on a morning the days im off work i test prob at least an hour later than work days and my levels can fluctuate, out of interest (with you been uk) what leves have the told you are high? x

7 Mmol/L is the upper limit for 2 hrs after eating and I have to test twice a week before breakfast when 5.5 Mmol/l is the upper limit.

I live in the us so I do not know the conversion. But 20-30 minutes for me can be the difference of 15-30 points. I try to be very diligent in making sure I test within five minutes of one hour after I started eating.

Well did a fasting test this morning and is was 5.8 which is over the limit so pretty sure I'll be put on meds rather than diet controlled. Nurse said there's nothing you can do about the fasting level so if it's high it's high and I can't make it lower next time.

Well did a fasting test this morning and is was 5.8 which is over the limit so pretty sure I'll be put on meds rather than diet controlled. Nurse said there's nothing you can do about the fasting level so if it's high it's high and I can't make it lower next time.

over 5.4 for me for fasting then and hour and half after meal 7.8 is the level

I got put on slow release insulin around 2 weeks ago because my fasting levels were slightly over 5.4 the highest id had was 5.9 but she said theres absolutley nothing i can do about fasting levels, she did say 2 weeks ago she expected me to be on insulin before breakfast and evening meals this week but my levels so far have all been under.

ps if its any consolation the insulin jab doesnt hurt at all not like the finger prick test xx

Things I can't eat according to my sugar levels over the last few days:

Bread of any kind
Tortillas
Nachos

Crap I really like those things!

yeah breads a big no no for me too! to be fair my aunty has diabetes and its one of the main things she finds effects blood levels!

its always the things you love you need to cut back! x

I'm now on slow release insulin before bed and fast acting with my evening meal.

Also meteor min twice a day to help the insulin work. Feeling a bit like a walking pharmacy at this point.

i often feel the same, sick of the site of the hospital there every 2 weeks!

ive been on slow release for a few weeks now i had to increase my dose 2 days ago to 8 units, managed to avoid the fast acting for now but she reckons ill be on it with breakfast within the next week! ive not heard of the meteor before is that a tablet? have you done your first insulin yet, i honestly thhink the finger prick hurts far more than the insulin!

have you had agrowth scan yet? i had my 2nd one today and hes upto approx 4lbs already!

Sorry that should be metformin apparent my phones auto correct doesn't like it :D

You're absolutely right I didn't feel the needle at all!

On 4 units at the moment of the fast and the slow release with a review next Wednesday and my 1 at growth scan is next Monday

ha ha my phone as some great auto corrects ;) they arent putting me on metformin because my body really doesnt handle it well ( they wanted me on it when i had my IVF) so she said shes not even going to bother with it because the last thing she wants is for me to be ill like i was before :/

hopefully you will see it make a differnce mine took 2 days to really kick in though, let us know how your scan goes my next one is 2 half weeks now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"