gestational diabetes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by kelly86, Oct 4, 2008.

1. kelly86

kelly86 Well-Known Member

hi all found out last week i got gt diabetes so i now have to prick my finger 5 times a day and record my results got to go to hospital every thursday with them and speak to consultants midwifes etc also got told i get to hVE a growth scan this thursday then every 2 weeks after that to make sure bubs isnt gaining to much weight but on a poitive side i get to see bubs again its hard tho cutting out all my fav things:( but its all gonn be worth it at the end of it jus hope bubs isnt going to get to big lol i really want a natural birth if i can have one

2. cupcake

cupcake Mommy of a gorgeous boy!

i had GD, it wasnt so bad in the end honestly, i just cut out sugar, and went easy on the carbs, and i checked my sugar when i wasnt feeling very well. i did not have a big baby at all he was born 3 kilo 170 grams, i was induced at 40+3 though because that is the policy where i live for mothers who go over 40 weeks with GD regardless of the estimated size of the baby. wishing you a happy last tri!

3. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

ya, no worries hun... Just watch what you eat and modify your diet accordingly...

4. babezone

babezone Well-Known Member

its not as b ad as ya think hun....and u wud be suprised wat actually contains the bad sugar a such like pastys etc .....im intregues to no wat ur blood sugar is compared to mine 2 hours after your evening meal.....im allowed up to 5.5 before meals and 7.5 after meals..... and i seem to get around 9.7 and 10 for 2 hours after evning meal what about you? xx sorry if i being to nosey xx

5. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

3-10 is actually considered normal here... 7.5 is about the average of someone who doesn't have GD... Im surprised that they give you guys such a tight chart to go by.

6. babezone

babezone Well-Known Member

well get this .....now this is were it bugs me lol....im trying to obviouslvy eat better and the other night i had literally 10 chips and had ham and salad with it....which gave me a reading of 10.0 and then cupple nights before that i had a chinease lol and it was 8.8 work that out.... its only my main meals that seem to be the trouble but aparently if i keep having high ones i.e 10 etc then i wil have to have insulin next week :( just dont get how crap food can be better lol xx