Gestational hypertension 25wks

kerri28

Reaction score
My bp has been a good 120/60 max. Yesterday right after lunch I had crazy blurry vision for almost 2 hours that came on suddenly and left suddenly. I ate dinner around 7:30 and immediatly following my hands started to feel puffy and my right side of y head had a slight full pain that only last 2 mins. And i was dizzy. I checked my bp and it was 150/105. The doctor on call who isn't even par of my doctors office said to go to the hospital. There it was 148/96. Baby was good fluids good labs good no protein in urine. It gradually came down but my hand puffiness increased and decreased by te time I left. They did a neurological work up and things seemed fine. I said the slight dull pain came back for a second and was sensitive to light. They tried saying it's either an allergic reaction or migraine. I've had migraines for years it wasn't a migraine. The on call doctor told them to give me tylenol and send me home as keep checking my bp. Yeah my bp this morning is already 153/103. And I'll see the doctor at 2pm.

Does any one have experience with this? How did your doctor handle it? My mother had toxemia and I've had a placental abruption at 29 weeks in a previous preg.

Keep on at them, i had pih which turned into pre eclampsia, i also had a placental abruption in my first pregnancy at 26 weeks x

I was put on bedrest with my DD at 30 weeks for PIH. It was 160/something. Part of it was that I was under a tremendous amount of stress from my awful husband at the time (we separated shortly after my DD was born and I met a new man 5 years later that treats me how I deserve). I was able to control it with bedrest though but that meant that neither one of us were working which only brought on more stress.

I was admitted to hospital immediately and have been on hy-po-tone for 3 weeks. Start kicking off babe. You NEED management.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->