• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Gestational Sac at 6 weeks 1 day measuring at 5.5 mm

Kim_baby2

Reaction score
I went in on May 8th and thought I was 6 weeks and 1 day from LMP. Dr called 3 days later and said that there was a small sac that was measuring a 5.3 to 5.5 day pregnancy. Is this normal? I have never really kept track of how many days my cycles were. This would be my 2nd baby. I had a MC 9 years ago before my daughter was born and I was only like 4-5 weeks at that time.

It could be quite normal. You could have O'd later than you realise.

When will you another check up? Have you had bloods done?

That doesn't sound too worrisome to me especially if you don't track your cycles and aren't sure of your dates anyway. I had a missed mc several months ago and baby only measured 4.6mm at 8+3, which they said would have been approximately 5 weeks. It was obvious it was a mc as I knew my dates exactly and had gotten a BFP at 3+5 nearly 4 weeks before, so like there's no way I could have been only 5 weeks pregnant. If 4.6mm is 5 weeks, then it makes sense that 5.3-5.5mm would be on track for roughly 6 weeks. That sounds pretty normal to me. Are they planning to scan you again? Even with my very obvious mmc, I had a follow up scan a week later to confirm if there had been any further development. With a healthy pregnancy, there would be clear growth and you would likely be able to see the heartbeat by 7 weeks as well, which should put your mind at ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"