Getting a stitch when i walk .. wtf

D

DizzyMoo

Hi ladies,
Ya know the stitch we get in our sides when we walk or run (pre preg)... Well the last week ish i've gotten a seriously painful stitch just for walking, I'm not going fast coz i have spd & i'm certainly not running but this stitch is so painful it brought tears to my eyes. :cry:
Starting to happen more & more so could baby be lying on something causing the stitch to be more painful?
Its getting to the point that when i have a stitch i just cant walk for the pain. I hardly ever get a stitch as i'm a lazy cow :blush:
So does anyone else get a painful stitch just for walking a slugs pace? Or could it be something else? What exactly is a stitch anyway? Do you have any tips to stop it or make it go?

Yep, I got this from about the same stage you are just from walking up the road. I find that it's worse if I've been sitting down for a bit and then get up and walk for more than five minutes. My mw said it was probably a combination of round ligament pain and sciatica (baby has been laying on the nerve in my back since about 20 weeks).

Sorry to say hun, but I actually haven't found anything that eases it except just staying sitting on my bum :)

I used to get a stitch walking from the sofa to the toilet ... get used to it hun :rofl: :hugs:

Sciatica, I have that with spd but the pain & area is nothing like a stitch so how does that tally hun?

I can't believe i can barely walk to the shop to start with due to spd then to get the most painful stitch ever is pathetic, Darn you bump! lol

i get that all the time! have done from about 20 weeks, its horrible :(
and weirdly it seems to be ALWAYS when im shopping in tescos lol

Sciatica, I have that with spd but the pain & area is nothing like a stitch so how does that tally hun?

I can't believe i can barely walk to the shop to start with due to spd then to get the most painful stitch ever is pathetic, Darn you bump! lol

I have no idea, I dont think the mw did either but she knew I had problems with my back and leg so just put it down to that! When I stand up for more than 5-10 minutes I get a weird feeling in my right leg down to my knee, it goes that kind of numb but painful that you get after pins and needles, this is what she said was sciatica. I've just taken her word for it.

I'll mention it to my consultant next wk & see what they say, No point asking my midwife she's never there & when i do get to see someone they are rushing me out soon as i walk in :dohh:

I get that everytime I move nearly lol...
The baby is lying on a nerve when that happens and as baby is getting big I doubt it will go.. mines been there for weeks now.. sometimes it's ok but others ouchhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

i've had it a few times. walking home from the town show on monday was most uncomfortable!
someone suggested braxton hicks to me, since if you're dehydrated or needing a wee, they can go on for extended periods.
either way, its no fun! (but i'm glad its not just me!) x

I've had the same thing for the past month or so and it's just got worse as time's gone by. I'm actually glad that someone else brought this up because i have no idea whatsoever what is causing it. I haven't asked my midwife about it because this is my first and you never know what's normal pregnancy pain and what's not if you get what i mean? I don't want to go running up to the surgery panicking over something absolutely normal lol :) !

Yeah, I am getting a stitch all the time, even on the shortest walk! Even just walking to the kitchen!

My friend said today "bend over and that will make it better, that's what you are supposed to do with a stitch". And I said "I'm 36 weeks pregnant, how exactly do you expect me to bend over?" "Oh yeah..."

i get a stitch all the time, everytime i walk anywhere. thought it was just me being soooo unfit.

i've been getting that two...in both sides. DH has called them my 'springs' :rofl:, because it is kinda in the lower corners of my tum......perhaps it is just a way of telling us to take it easy......

its not so much a stitch im getting at min its more a pressure pain...if i walk for any length of time bump goes really rock solid and walking is a no go, its so sore...ive actauuly had to walk with my hands under the bump just to ease it so you have my full sympathy hun :hugs:

xxxx

I get exactly the same when I walk hunni started about 26 weeks, problem for me is that I walk everywhere so I'm V slow now lol!

I mentioned it to the midwife who said it's ligament pain as the peanut gets bigger and moves out of the pelvis and there's bugger all you can do about it. I did buy a bump support from mothercare which did stop the pain in the original place but it just seemed to move higher up so that was £35 wasted!

If it's any consolation at all - while it's not gone all together it is getting better :)

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->