Getting baby off the brain

B

babycraze19

Hi my name is Kayla. A while back I had a pregnancy scare only to find out that I wasn't pregnant. Ever since then i've been having this desire to have a baby. The problem is, is that i'm in University and have 2 years left. I don't plan on getting pregnant until my last year however I was wondering if anyone knew of any ideas to distract myself from having a baby. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Alot

i'm in a very similar position. Just entered my second year at uni, desperate for a baby. In all honesty you can't really distract yourself, you just have to accept that you must wait. Which i think i have finally done :) xx

Its hard to distract yourself, maybe do some babysitting or volunteer at a preschool so you can get your baby fix!

im in a similar situation..
i just force myself to think that we have so much time left to think about having a baby! and the longer we wait...the more special and exciting it will be :)

think about all the money u will be making once you've finished your university degree and getting a job from it!
then u will be financially stable to afford a baby!

Resistance is futile. Jk

It's really hard. Maybe you could try a new hobby. Then again I tried looking for a new hobby and I always somehow manage to find a way to relate it to babes.

I too had a preg scare and now have a stronge desire to get pregnant. I want to set up another business before I start and have to move house so everything it comes into my head I bury myself in work. If I am out I try and change my thoughts by thinking of the things I need to do before I get pregnant. It doesnt take the desire away but I does help

I know exactly how you feel!

I find a nice 5+ hours babysitting is in order! That usually gives me my fix for about a month :D

hmm, I dont want to sound old or patronising, but there is so much to life, to experience and explore before you have a baby! It will be much harder to do it all when you have a child and responsibilities. Enjoy being young, have fun, travel, go out, get a hobby, go party. What about working for a bit? having a career and own money is great! Be selfish for a bit, cause once you have a baby, it's a committment for life, and you will come second.

Besides, are you in a stable relationship that you are certain about?
Are you financially so secure that you can comfortably able to provide for a child?

As I said, I dont want to sound patronising, it's just my personal opinion. I'm 34 years old, only got married last year, and only started TTC last month.
My good friend got pregnant when she was 19, she has a 15 year old daughter. I'm only starting now. But I have travelled the world, had a career, got tired of working and am looking forward to starting a family with a man I really want to be with for the rest of my life.
If I had a baby with my (now long gone ex) boyfriend who I was going out with when I was 19, I would have been a single mum by now (or divorced) and yet another statistic.

It's just my personal opinion, and obviously everyone's circumstances are different.

My good friend got pregnant when she was 19, she has a 15 year old daughter. I'm only starting now. But I have travelled the world, had a career, got tired of working and am looking forward to starting a family with a man I really want to be with for the rest of my life.
If I had a baby with my (now long gone ex) boyfriend who I was going out with when I was 19, I would have been a single mum by now (or divorced) and yet another statistic.

Ha, sounds like my life.. My mum was 18 when she got pregnant with me, she's now 35. My mum + dad have been divorced for years even though they only got married when she was 24 - 5yr after having me.

Snapity snap.
Except my mum is 37, and I'm almost 18. My mum fell pregnant after 6 weeks of going out with my dad lol. 2 1/2 years later she discovered she was pregnant again with my brother. Got married to my dad and divorced him not long after lol :) xxx

In reply to the original post lol..
Erm I have no idea, I am absolutely desperate for a baby since a d+c 3 months ago. I have just decided to make big plans. Write a to do list out.
I plan to finish college, either go full time where I'm working now or actually be a hairdresser (blaaah!) start an access course and hopefully get into uni to do midwifery.
Also I need to 'shadow' some midwives and get some work experience to get into uni so that hopefully will fill the days/weeks/years out too.
Plan a holiday, really spoil yourself for the time being :D drink lots and have lots of fun!
xxx

hmm, I dont want to sound old or patronising, but there is so much to life, to experience and explore before you have a baby! It will be much harder to do it all when you have a child and responsibilities. Enjoy being young, have fun, travel, go out, get a hobby, go party. What about working for a bit? having a career and own money is great! Be selfish for a bit, cause once you have a baby, it's a committment for life, and you will come second.

Besides, are you in a stable relationship that you are certain about?
Are you financially so secure that you can comfortably able to provide for a child?

As I said, I dont want to sound patronising, it's just my personal opinion. I'm 34 years old, only got married last year, and only started TTC last month.

It's just my personal opinion, and obviously everyone's circumstances are different.

florentinella I agree here. I am 26 and am wanting to TTC after a pregnancy scare and ready. However I have managed to do alot with my life already. I have a successful business, I have a nice stable home (although my dream is to build one so I am looking at that before ttc now) I have been in my relationship for almost 10 years and I am still madly in love with him and he with me, I have travelled etc so I have done many things with my life and lived alot.

When speaking with my partner he says he is still not ready and I believe this is because he wants me to aim for my dream of setting up a dog grooming salon so he is supporting me with that. I would not of even considered having a child any younger because I have built up a stable background in which to introduce children into.

We only live once do as much as you can while you have the chance

I would not of even considered having a child any younger because I have built up a stable background in which to introduce children into.

I think you are absolutely right here! I want the best for my kid(s) and want to give them the best start in life - I think it's so important, especially now, when it's getting harder and more competitive...

Hey! Im kinda in the same boat. I also have to wait at least a year or so . Before i can start TTC :hissy: oh well. I just think that we will have more money then, and be more stable. I try and distract myself with hobbies ect!

Thanks all for the replies. I know many people have told me go to out, travel and have fun while i'm young. Luckily i've expeirenced so much in my life. I did all my travelling while I was in highschool with my parents, so that we could afford for me to go to university, and that is also when I did alot of my having fun and partying. I guess i'm just an old soul. I had one lady give me advice and I wanted to share. Since i'm waiting till 2010 to start TTC, this lady said I should put together a baby box. Everytime I have an extra twenty dollars, I buy a sleeper, or a pair or shoes. It's been helping alot lately, makes it seem more real and less like just a fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->