Getting back on the horse!

fluffyone

Reaction score
Hi just looking to know has anybody went straight in to ttc after a mc or have you waited for p/m results (if you allowed p/m) or other testing?
I mc 29/6/13 always said i dont know how i would cope if it ever happened,well it did happen and the only thing i can think of is being able to get pregnant again. The dr's said any testing done on baby/placenta and tissue could take 6 months and sometimes longer I will be 35 in 6 mths and would really like to TRY and be pregnant before then.
Dont know if i should play it safe and wait or start ttc before.

I had no testing done. Delivered at home. I would start again as in 6 months they may say oh nothing can prevent what issues baby had. On flip if baby had something there is always hope next baby will not have it.

We are already TTC again. Bleeding is just about stopped-really just spotting a bit now. I hear about the fertile window and can NOT not try during this time.

I've gotten pg as early at 8 weeks after a m/c and that was my ds, who coincidentally was the only pregnancy I've had to date that didn't have bleeding and/or complications. Even with my dd, I had bleeding and two hematomas in my first trimester. Maybe you'd have better luck if you conceived earlier rather than later?? We'd be back to ntnp right now (2 weeks after a D&C for a mmc) but we have to wait this time. I need to get a hysteroscopy done to check out my uterus and that can't be done until after at least one AF has come and gone.

I am not getting any testing done as I miscarried pretty early on but I know that all I want to do is start trying again. I don't know if my dr will tell me to wait til I have one AF first but all I want to do is start trying immediately.

I'll be TTC again in October as if I conceived again in August/September I'd be due around the same time my sister gets married. If it were not for this I'd be straight back to TTC.

It will be my first miscarriage and I have two healthy children so for me I think its just one of those things and won't likely repeat. I won't be getting any tests done.

I'm back to ttc after two months. It feels like life has gone backwards to where we were this time last year, except now we're angel parents.

We never waited after our MC's. I got pregnant with DD right after AF came following my 2nd MC (basically 4 weeks). Best decision we've ever made!!

I had an erpc on the 29th may, have had one period....and fully intend to...eh...mount the horse this evening! Waited one period for dating reasons...the "products of pregnancy" were tested by the hospital to make sure they were "normal" but we won't get results, unless they would indicate something bad for my health.

We're already trying and my miscarriage was 18 days ago. We weren't offered testing and I can't find any good reason not to. I just want to be pregnant again and can't face missing a chance x

my dr said to wait until my next period/cycle, but I don't think we will prevent it up to that point. I kind of feel like this is the start of my AF, so hopefully in about a week or so the bleeding will have stopped and we can just throw caution to the wind. if it happens before my next cycle, I don't care. if we have to get help from the fertility doc again, that's fine, but at 44 I'm not giving up any time. I remember with my daughter, I used progesterone cream for the days around ovulation (can't remember exactly, will have to read up on it) so even if I don't get the pills from the Dr, I will still use something just in case. I have ovulation strips too.

the only problem I see, I think, is that I still have HCG in my system (testing it out) - I don't know if I will ovulate until that is gone? Anyhow, worse case, we wait the 6 weeks or so and try again. I hate waiting at my age, but leaving it up to fate/God and see what happens.

Yes if I were you I'd just crack on! I'm still getting v faint bfps 18 days after miscarriage. It's driving me crazy!! Really scared I won't even ov this cycle :(

I'm getting faint BFPs too and it's been 21 days post D&C for me. With a natural m/c (no later than 9+4), it takes me up to 3 1/2 weeks to get a 0 hCG level and then I don't ovulate until after AF shows up that first time. This time I was 14 weeks so that's 5 weeks more of hormones that have to leave my system...Blah...Sucks too that I can't 'actively' ttc until after I have my hysteroscopy done and that's not even scheduled yet. It'll probably be October at the earliest before I get the go ahead to get pregnant. And it's been anywhere from 3 months to 8 months after a m/c for me to get a BFP so it could be Spring again before I get another BFP and I'm TERRIBLE about waiting. I hate it. I shudder to think of what I've spent on hpts thus far because I can't even wait until I'm late!...At one point I had $60 worth of poas at home and used them all (15 tests total) up in 3 days!!! To make it worse, it was a month of BFNs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->