Getting Blood Results Tonight - Nervous!

Impatient TTC

Reaction score
Got an appointment with my Dr at 5:30 to get results...am really nervous. Convinced I might have PCOS but I suppose I won't have to wait long to know!

Have also got an ultrasound appointment booked (internal one it seems) but that's not for a couple of weeks.

All in all, am hoping to get an idea of what's going on with me!

On the plus side lady I have today heard of 2 further stories of others trying for well over a year before getting their BFP. Starting to hear more and more of that kind of thing, so am starting to realise it really is very normal for it not to happen straight away.

can they detect PCOS thro bloods ? i had a scan and was told it was fine,but im still not convinced :?

goodluck xx

G/L tonight and I'm wishing you all the best! Don't forget to update!

can they detect PCOS thro bloods ? i had a scan and was told it was fine,but im still not convinced :?

goodluck xx

Well from what I understand your hormone levels form part of the diagnosis of PCOS cause if you have it your hormones tend to be slightly up the spout! Not quite sure to be honest, but I suppose tonight she'll either say 'hmm things are a little unbalanced' or 'things all look fine, continue as you are'. Who knows, but I have butterflies!

Am on cd6 today and it;s the first day my CBFM has asked for a stick. I totally forgot, peed, then turned on my CBFM. Then had to desperately try to squeeze another wee out!! Anyway, it was low, which is what I expected! Also taking soy this month, with let you all know how I get on (if I ovulate before day 22, I will consider soy a success!).

Quick update in case anyone is wondering...

Well, my levels are all OK. Bloods showed I hadn't ovulated which is what I expected, but otherwise FSH, LH etc all normal. However she said that doesn't rule out pcos just yet, got to wait til the scan. She started to suggest I have a blood test later this cycle to confirm if I'm ovulating but I said I've been using opks aren't they enough, and she said they're almost as good as a blood test, so maybe we'll wait and see what scan shows and avoid another blood test right now. Anyway so for the time being I'm happy, just got to wait a couple of weeks now for the scan. But I guess I should be happy about normal hormones right?

yes that is something to be happy about 1 less problem to deal with.. =] hope everything goes good and u ovulate on ur own

Thank you! I tell you what, I ought to stop myself going on the internet, cause from a quick bit of reading my happy mood is disappearing!!

If my hormone levels are normal (including LH), then am I right in thinking that the 4 months worth of positive opk's I got do confirm I'm ovulating? Last month it all went a bit wrong, but if I'm getting positive opk's that does confirm I'm ovulating, right? Crikey all this stuff is so confusing.

Just really hope the scan in a couple of weeks comes back normal...the Dr said that if we get to a year and start to go down the proper fertility testing route then there are quite a lot of blood tests involved :cry:. Hope we don't get to that point!

Right, glass of wine time methinks!!

i wouldnt fully believe what u read on the internet!!! lol and everyone is different so it hard to compare someones story to yours you know what i mean?

Yeah true...I said to the Dr actuallly 'i've read that if you ovulate after day 22 it's basically a useless egg cause it's overcooked' and she said that's not true (although she looked a bit baffled!). So you're right, shouldn't take too much notice.

Funny isn't it how obsessive this can all get. Hopefully in a year or so we'll look back and think 'I needn't have been worrying so much'.

Think I need to try meditating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"