• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Getting fit for a baby club.....

tigerlilly

Blessed with no.2!
Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

I'm planning to get fit and drop dress sizes while TTC no#2.

Im a sahm and dh works shifts, so getting fit can be a challenge! I'm a uk 20 and aged 40 :blush: yep i'm a late starter :coffee: :haha: This time i'm not charting or using ov's just supplements and regular DTD from the end of one period to the next, well finding the time to dtd is the biggest challenge, so based on this month dtd 3 times and deciding half way through the month to sart ttc we'd be very lucky to conceive indeed :shrug:

On the food front just unprocessed whole foods, no junk or takeout (don't have the money) fruits and veggies and a whole lot less bread and potaoes because they disagree with me and last time i was pg I had gd and these foods but my blood sugar through the roof.

On fitness front lots of walking cause I can take lo with me, swimming when dh is on late's and yoga and weights when I can and core stuff at home when lo naps. Good luck ladies :hugs:

What's your plan?

Hello tigerlilly..

Well I don't have a "'plan" in terms of making changes exactly. My plan is more of a regular, constant plan -

What I find I get from people a lot is "oh you're thin so you don't have to worry about weight" which isn't true at all, I have to maintain my weight and that means essentially being on a diet that doesn't include of a lot of "junk".. So I don't usually do ice cream or cakes - I prefer a nice piece of cherry pie. I actually love salt.. :) I'll snack on some cucumbers with dip over a bag of doritos any day - although doritos are delicious every now and then.. I find most important for me though is portion size.. So really I can eat and enjoy ANYTHING regardless of calories as long as I just have a little. So 1 slice of pizza not 3 and then that allows me to pig out on something I love more like filet mignon (YUMMY).. . :) I walk a lot and I do some dancing in my living room to youtube dance workouts.. they are free and completely effective. I don't find I enjoy the thought of "working out" so much.. It's more fun if I'm just dancing and sweating.

Hoping for BFP for you.. :) Good luck with your weight loss...

Also not sure how old you are but if I hear the song Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by WHAM!!!!! Ohhh I love dancing to it. :)

I need to get into shape too, my doctor told me I was a "skinny fat person"

im doing the same! i weighed 50kg when i got pregnant with LO and I'm 5ft8. (naturally stick thin.) and i dropped to 45kg in my first trimester cos of morning sickness. at the end of my pregnancy i weighed 64kg. and now i weigh 68...while im still in what is considered a normal BMI, my framr cant carry the weight well and its all gone to my tummy and thighs. ideally i want to drop down 12kg in 12 weeks. so ill be 56kg. ofc if i get pregnant in the meantime, my weight loss will be on hold (tho ill still gym to stay in shape) but i figure while im waiting for my second sticky bean i may as well focus on losing the extra weight!

im also a sahm and OH has depression and struggles to watch LO on his own for long (he's signed off work cos of it) so i get up at 4am to go to the gym while everyone is sleeping lol. lo very rarely wakes up between 4 and 6 so its a great time :) i usually do 30min/250calories/5000m on the rowing machine but since i wanna focus on my legs/bum/general weight loss ive switched that to 10min/100calories on the rowing machine, 10min/100calories on the treadmill and then 10min/100 calories on the bike. then i do abs and arms too on the weight machines :) i also use the myfitnesspal app! so im watching my calorie intake (and making sure it comes from 3 meals a day primarily)

so hopefully 12weeks from now if im not pregnant, ill be nice and slim!

also Bgulley...if thats you in your pic, you dont look fat at all! lol. I'd kill to look like that.

It is me, but photo shop is amazing. Lol

I think that would be fun! Anyone thinking of a gym membership?

I work from home so I don't get a lot of exercise in general. Monday I think I'm going to start walking around my neighborhood daily. I lost about 70 pounds last year but I sadly gained most of it back as of today. :(

Not sure how you lot fit it in!
My poor OH works long hours. I work Sundays Mondays Tuesdays. Saturdays is for us together as a family. The weekdays are almost impossible as Amelia is around but I'm tempted to chuck her in a crèche at swimming as they are lovely :thumbup:
I would walk but I'm suffering with inflammation in my toe joints which means I can't bend them without causing pain.

I need some options for home gym!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"