Getting impatient now; should I?!?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Jennifurball, Nov 13, 2011.

?

Should I go for the private scan?

1. Yes, go for it!

2. No, save your money you mad woman!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jennifurball

Jennifurball Mother of 1 and a bump!

By the time I get paid again, I will be 16.5 weeks, so I was wondering if I should go back to Babybond for a gender scan..it is £79 this time.

I didn't have a good experience with my NHS scan, as much as I loved seeing baby, she wasn't the nicest of tech's because he/she wouldn't co-operate for the NT (miserable cow) :growlmad: and didn't give me much time at all to see the LO.

I just have an awful feeling I will get the same treatment for my anomaly scan, that is 4 days before Christmas and if baby isn't in a favourable position again, I will be no better off and I know that the NHS don't see it as a 'gender' scan so who knows if they would even tell me anyway?? I don't know how it works in my area.

My mum said, yes but you could get a moses basket with that money etc. I know this but it really is important to me to have a nice experience and not worry myself stupid up until Christmas. They also do a general wellbeing check (which is another thing I am worried about cos of the lack of checks she could do at the 12 week scan) and they give you a 4D freeview, which I think is lovely.

Argh! What would you do? Also, is 16 weeks still too early?

2. karla1

karla1 proud mummy of 1

if you dont mind a 45 min drive i would recommend using reasur3d they are in middleton but OMG they are amazing its only £50 for a sexing scan the women (paula) is soooo lovely and she will not let you go without being positive of the sex. appointments are supposed to last 15 mins i was in there for 35mins as the little bugger wouldnt wake up i got 7 pics (all in 3d) and a USB pen for the computer with video footage and 10 pics on some 2d most 3d and that included the potty shot and she sends you away with a goody bag with baby wipes and talc in it.

my OH, mum and step son came in with me and she let them ask as many questions as they wanted and showed my step son everything and explained it all really well to him.

it was quite possibly the best experience i have had (i have also had a private scan with another company in leeds was nice but more expensive and didnt get half as much for your money)

if you (or anyone else reading this post) wants paula's number to book PM me and i will gladly give it to you there website is www.reassur3d.com website isnt great very basic but you can book through it and also they do not take any deposit money or money up front when you get there you dont pay until you are completely happy and paula is positive she has told you the correct sex

hope this helps x

p.s i swear i have nothing to do with this company i was just totally blown away with the service/price so was my mum stepson and OH x

3. Kyliem87

Kyliem87 Mummy of 1 Princess

I got mine done at babybond same price and am SO glad I did as at both anatomy scans she was a stubborn little miss...we don't drink anymore etc so this was MY treat, my night out. I was 17 weeks

:flower:

4. lalitas charm

lalitas charm Mummy to Bethan & Piplet

I reckon you should take that money and pop it into an envelope and book the appointment for a couple of days after your anomoly scan, if the NHS scan doesn't go well and you don't find out the gender then you have the money sitting and appointment made so you can go in no time at all. And if the nhs appointment goes well then get your phone out and cancel your private appointment and go shopping :)

5. kate1984

kate1984 Expecting a Princess

I had babybond at 16 weeks and it was amazing, def thumbs up

6. jessiebella86

jessiebella86 Well-Known Member

DO IT!

I was desperate to find out my babys gender and the day i found out has by far been the most exciting and special day of this pregnancy!

Im having a 4d scan on weds just to see her again! Treat yourself! See the £79 you will spend as money u would usually spend on going out for drinks or pre-pregnancy treats.

xxxx

7. amyleigh89

amyleigh89 Bun No.2 in the oven.

Gender scans are on offer near me for £59. Is my OH birthday next week so I have booked in for the scan so he can see LO on his b'day. Am planning popping the appointment card in a "happy birthday Daddy" card.
    My scan with NHS is on the 14th December though so if it wasn't his b'day and the special offer wasn't on I would probably wait and just go in if they couldn't tell the sex in my NHS scan.

8. Jennifurball

Thank you all for your replies, Karla1, that place sounds amazing but I am no good travelling lol, esp on motorways so I try to stay local as poss! :blush: Really sounds like you get a lot for your money though, it is a pity they aren't closer.

I also see it as my treat. The only thing I have done since finding out is 'treat' myself to stretchy clothes for work :haha: and go to the cinema with my friend, I don't go anywhere anymore so I deserve it as a little treat soooooooooo......

I've booked it for 2 weeks today! Sun 27th Nov at 13:20. The nerves are kicking in already! :sick:

I know I could be spending my money on other things but I really need to know baby is ok, I got nothing from my last tech, she wasn't helpful at all really and I didn't feel I could ask her anything because she spoke to me like I was a stupid little girl, whereas my Babybond woman was lovely, hope I get her again.

9. karla1

karla1 proud mummy of 1

i have looked on the website and they have a place in lancaster as well (but obviously not the same lady i had)

hope your scan goes well at babybond and if for any reason your not happy there (i am sure you will be) then at least there is one nearer than middleton to you x

10. Star7890

Star7890 New mummy

I had the most amazing day of my life when we went for our gender scan... I cried all the way through and we went to mothercare afterwards and for lunch and the experience was worth 1 million pounds never mind the 65 we paid! :) xx

11. Star7890

Star7890 New mummy

Just seen your in preston! Go to take a peek in St helens if you dont mind a drive... they are AMAZING! And full 4d! And only 65 quid.. do it! :) xx

12. Jennifurball

I just can't believe how soon it is now lol. How accurate is it at 16-17 weeks?

OH said he would take me for lunch afterwards, so I will have to sneak a little baby shopping in with that too! :kiss:

13. Star7890

Star7890 New mummy

Sorry Ive just read and realised youve already booked one! Enjoy x

14. Ellbee78

Ellbee78 Love my little boy

That's what I was going to say.
    Also have a look on saving sites like Groupon or LivingSocial sometimes have good deals- the Newcastle Groupon today have a 45 min 3d scan with 8 pics, 15 min DVD and you can take people for £99 instead of £230. We booked one for Feb. We don't want to find out the sex but do want to see our little one again after our 20 week scan hehe.

15. Ellbee78

Ellbee78 Love my little boy

Ah I've just seen you've booked one too! Hehe!

16. Jennifurball

I am terrible for being impatient. :blush:

I would have spent more than that money on my works Christmas do next week including something to wear, if I was going, and this is a special treat for me, just any excuse to see baby again! :haha:

17. Debbie82

Debbie82 Privileged Twin Mummy

I don't think it's a waste of money at all:thumbup:

My NHS scan was a great experience and really enjoyed it and the staff were just lovely but I've still booked a scan with babybond.

Mines is Sat which is also my b'day and I can't think of a better way to spend the day. I know if I was to hang off til 20 weeks I'd find out but we happily give up so much during pregnancy we should be allowed to spoil ourself once in a while:winkwink:

18. Jennifurball

That is nice having it on your birthday! Hope it all goes well and baby behaves! :haha::flower:

19. Kyliem87

Kyliem87 Mummy of 1 Princess

I have the patience of...well nothing as I don't have any! Haha I've been such a worrier beginning of this pregnancy as I had a missed mc at the beginning of this year and have paid for 3! £279 in total and you know what...for how I felt afterwards I would do it again without another thought. My family especially my OH didn't necessarily 'agree' with them and me spending so much money but they knew what it meant and my mam was always thrilled once she had the scan pics!

As you've been to babybond you know what it's like but my tech was lovely all 3 times (same lady at 7 and 11 different one at 17 gender) and I had plenty of time with my baby...also getting 2 cheeky listens of the heartbeat! And about 6/7 photos each time so it's just so worth it! She even jiggled her around as she was being stubborn then too haha I have a diva on my hands lol

:flower: enjoy it!

20. Debbie82

Debbie82 Privileged Twin Mummy

Same to you. Sounds like we'll be having similar days - scans, lunch and some sneaky pink/blue shopping. What more could a girl want:happydance: